Internal Audit Department Description and Purpose: The North America Hub is part of BNP Paribas’ global Internal Audit group (Inspection Générale) which is staffed by highly qualified individuals who perform high quality risk-based reviews of the Business, Operations and Functions, providing assurance and advice to anticipate and understand otherwise unexpected risks and put in place the adequate mitigating controls. The Internal Audit team helps senior management to protect the company’s reputation by avoiding financial and reputational damage. Where it is too late to prevent failure, the team investigates the problem, helps management deal with the after effects and establish guards against re-occurrence. Headquartered in New York, the North America Hub has primary audit responsibility for BNP Paribas’ activities in the United States. The audit approach follows practices prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
• Define, standardize, coordinate and execute of IT and Data Audit and continuous monitoring efforts with a scope of BNP Paribas USA (the Intermediate Holding Company) as well as the CIB and IP operating entities.
• Lead and conduct multiple, complex, concurrent audit assignments. Responsible for the related audit scoping, planning, evaluating
• Write audit reports with value added recommendations.
• Manage time and priorities while conducting audits
• Review and prepare risk assessments for Audit Units.
• Develop and maintain relationships with heads/managers of business lines and functions as part of the continuous risk monitoring activities.
• Validate the adequacy and appropriateness of remediation or resolution plans to address regulatory and internal audit recommendations.
• Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and IG management.
• Keep abreast of the evolution of information technology, data governance, information security, and auditing standards, CCAR and other banking regulations through training, publications and seminars.
• Adopt and promote strong ethical values.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related field required, Advanced Degree (MS) is desired. CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) preferred, CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager), and/or PMP (Project Management Professional) a plus
• A good understanding of IT Infrastructure, Data Governance and Management, Data Usage; and along with an in-depth knowledge of the bank's work streams involved in Data Quality.
• Experience in Financial services industry with knowledge of business processes within Investment banking. Knowledge of IT systems and data architecture and implementations and experienced in assessment of associated risks and controls.
• In-depth experience in Information Technology infrastructure audit, or “hands on” Information Security within the Financial Services Sector
• Extensive experience/training in principles and techniques of Information Systems auditing a must, knowledge of Investment Banking and Asset Management Services products preferred
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Bilingual : English and French
• Ability to apply internal audit standards, procedures, and techniques
• Understanding of management principles and the ability to recognize and evaluate deviations from good business practices
• Ability to maintain effective relations between auditors and auditees, and effectively communicate audit results to a wider, non-technical audience.
• Excellent oral communication skills to interact effectively with the different stakeholders and regulators.
• Ability to:
o Work in a team, liaise with other bank departments and adapt to new situations and approaches
o Form audit opinions and present them effectively
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Designations such as CISA,, CIA, and CISSP are preferred.
• Familiarity with FFIEC IT Examination Guidelines and data governance regulatory referents (e.g., BCBS-239, ROPE, etc.)
• Experience working in large global financial services organization
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.