BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rates, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organisations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates are measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Able to influence peers and team.
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact.
- Exercise appropriate autonomy in the execution and delivery of work.
- Responsible for driving outcomes, which have meaningful effect on team or department.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Creates trust with colleagues.
- Acts in leadership capacity for projects, processes, or programs.
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus:
- Able to build relationships with a mix of colleagues and clients.
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence stakeholders at the team level.
- Compliance Culture and Conduct:
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts.
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards.
The Sales COO Co-Head, Global Markets as a Head of a team, the role holder will be accountable for coordinating the day-to-day business management of the and leading on more complex and/or sensitive matters. Will be expected to lead workstreams and drive strategy in the team to support the business to achieve its objectives and aspirations.
Provides excellent and very experienced business management guidance, oversight and support to the Sales COO Team with substantial experience in the relevant business area and within Global Markets as a whole. Applies in-depth knowledge to perform highly-complex tasks and to resolve issues to facilitate the objectives and aspirations of the team.
Accountable for and ensures (including by undertaking or supervising such tasks as necessary) the completion of Sales COO activities associated with the team within Global Markets, in relation to tasks such as:
· Govern the Client / Sales / M360 operational controls & processes to ensure we meet any regulatory or agreed management guidelines including global alignment.
· Implement and own the Sales Management governance, as defined by Sales Management including regular Sales COO Forum, Sales KPIs/MIS/SLAs, CC & EV Governance, transparency of information for sales, Sales Training, relevant communications, Team Selling, Sales Business Planning and Friday Exchange.
· Strategically develop new business jointly with Sales Management, drawing on experience and consideration of all elements that impact the business, including anticipation of potential future factors.
· Govern workflows, increase productivity & collaborate between the front office and its business partners; FIC, CEP, Legal, ICAT, Risk Department and wider ITO
· Direction, guidance & Management of Regional Sales & M360 COO teams supporting the business fostering consistency and coordination across the globe.
· Contribution or sponsorship of sales tools & infrastructure (eg., CRM, Sales/Client BOTs, Greenlight, FORT, Key Engine, Share, Dashboards, etc.)
· Management and monitoring of staff onboarding, development and communications to team, both the Sales COO team itself, as well as the broader Sales teams across the franchise, including senior (internal) clients across the global business line.
· Manages the Lifecycle Programme by ensuring KYC (fund policy, flag clarification, processes) and Ops KYC Support model simplification (diagnosis, TOM design, alignment), as well as FI Passport management through gap analysis and process improvement. Ensure appropriate controls & monitoring are in place regarding on-boarding, off-boarding, operational excellence of clients within Global Markets.
· Co-ordinates with relevant internal teams where required including the Compliance team in relation to all compliance and regulatory matters and audit teams in relation to the Bank’s audit processes. Manages relationships with all relevant internal stakeholders to facilitate such workstreams.
· Acts as the main point of contact with all typical control and support functions within the Bank for their relevant business area in order to facilitate the effective co-ordination of activities. Completes complex activities and liaises with other internal teams to facilitate resolution of issues as required, escalating matters to senior management where appropriate. Keeps in close contact with HR contacts to keep them up-to-date with business evolutions and strategic changes relevant to the Sales COO team.
· Utilizes expertise to make independent judgments to deal with a variety of situations, and acts as a senior point of escalation within the Sales COO team. Supports the development of the Sales COO team (including through regular and annual reviews) and supervising the delegation of work.
- Professional qualification required with in depth understanding of the theories and practices relevant to the business management in the Global Markets context, typically gained at BNP Paribas or within another top tier investment bank.
- In depth knowledge of processes within the Global Markets function with expert understanding of specialism of personal focus. Good working knowledge of a wide range of company-wide policies, procedures regulations and legislation. Able to utilise knowledge and experience to implement effective control processes for the team, and to adapt to changing business needs.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with the ability to translate technical concepts into practical processes and operational strategies.
- Strong stakeholder and good people management skills to ensure the delivery of effective and compliant processes and solutions to facilitate the objectives of the team and the Bank.
- Excellent written and oral English skills in order to articulate technical issues and to be able to take the complex and make simple to enable effective communication with individuals across the business.
- Strong personal focus on accuracy and attention to detail and able to review and improve work of more junior colleagues.
- Strong computer skills and a good knowledge of a range of standard computer software
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
- Not Applicable
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
- Not Applicable
The expected starting salary range for this position is between $235,000 to $273,000 annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
In addition, our comprehensive benefits package aims to support our employees in various aspects of their lives. From healthcare and wellness programs to retirement plans and childcare services, we prioritize the well-being and growth of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401(k) Savings Plan, backup childcare, life, accident and disability insurance, mental health support and paid time off. Additional details about our benefits offerings, inclusive of eligibility for a discretionary bonus, will be provided during the hiring process.
This application will remain open until a candidate has been selected for the role. There is no specific application timeline.
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. The bank employs over 3,500 people in offices in the US across 10 states including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, and Washington, DC. BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development, and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.