In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Based in Singapore, the candidate would be responsible for origination, structuring and execution of debt capital market offerings for corporates, financial institutions and sovereigns in south & south-east Asia region. The candidate would also be responsible for developing overall DCM business in the region as well as strengthening client relationships.
• Responsible for origination of DCM transactions across corporates and financial institutions in S&SEA
• Work closely with coverage teams in providing services to clients and deepening client relationships
• Spearhead timely identification of market trends and preparation of client materials in relation thereto
• Preparation and supervision of pitch materials for all marketing activities in S&SEA
• Leading the execution of all corporate bond mandates in S&SEA
• Work closely with Sustainable Capital Market team in order to identify, originate, structure and execute ESG labelled offering
• Monitoring the aggregate P&L of S&SEA team, comparison with budget and preparation of pipeline and other internal discussion materials
• Help in identifying additional opportunities for other BNPP business lines in situations where S&SEA DCMo is already working with a client situation
• Assist in development and on-the job training of team members
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Strong understanding of global markets in general and credit markets in particular
• Strong credit, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong understanding of bond mathematics and corporate finance basics
• Strong track record of originating and executing DCM transactions across the region, sector and credit spectrum
• Well-defined client relationships in S&SEA region
• Ability to build strong relationships with coverage, sector and other product teams and functions
• Should be able to anticipate changes in environment, business and strategic evolution and adapt accordingly
• Should be a team player and have the ability to multi task
• Should be able to develop others and improve their skills