At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for content development for a specific e-business function or product area. Working closely with development, product management, marketing and graphic design incumbents lead the integration of content and technology for a portion of the site. Promote and maintain consistency and quality of the site's functionality, clarity, and information (both content and flow) to reinforce the firm's e-business brand and enhance the overall customer experience.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Execute biweekly and ad hoc content changes within the CMS supporting our public-facing website.
- Manage projects to improve the CMS, partners closely with User Experience and IT Development teams to identify, document, plan, design and execute improvements to CMS templates and components.
- Performs complex content authoring and validates tasks are executed based on business requirements for site optimization projects, in support of the Digital Sales strategic roadmap.
- Maintains content publishing policies and procedures, identify opportunities for process improvement
- Ensure all compliance, legal and audit requirements related to content changes are properly met and documented
- Maintain internal/external company web site content
- Assists in maintaining security processes and procedures
- Promote and maintain consistency and quality of the site's functionality, clarity, and information
- Ensure that digital assets are efficiently organized within the CMS
- Manage SEO vendor relationship and tools, execute SEO audits, prioritize and remediate issues
- Ability to work from home and manage publication of changes during off-hours as required
- Manage permissions and workflows for distributed content publishing, including approval and audit records
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Previous CMS experience ideal.
- Understanding of web browser capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tactical items concurrently in a time-sensitive environment, solid troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Can clearly and proactively communicate with individuals across multiple teams and departments.
- Strong editing and proofreading background.
- Resourceful, team player, high energy and flexible.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment.
- Experience with Sharepoint and Microsoft Office.
- Experience creating and managing requirements, project plans and other business documentation preferred.
- Knowledge of usability and web design principles preferred.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Digital Services