Digital Channels Operations Lead
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are undergoing a dramatic transformation to reimagine our brand, experiences, and products. We know real change is hard work, which is why we need people who are aligned with our values and ready to make a serious impact on our industry and the world. We need your experience, optimism, and energy to define, design, and build the future.
We are throwing past constraints and assumptions out the window as we redesign and rebuild all of our digital products. From our native mobile apps to our extensive portfolio of online products and services we aim to reset the bar for consumer experience in the financial industry. To accomplish our goals, we are building a team of professionals assembled from e-commerce, entertainment, fintech, and social media.
We are looking for people unafraid of bringing their authentic selves to work. Our inspiration and collaboration depend on the diversity of our teams, and inclusion of all voices in our process. We value honesty, transparency, and positive leadership. We are not interested in corporate politics. We appreciate action. We reward continual improvement. We want you to grow. We want you to be yourself. We want you to ask for help and help your peers. We want you to work hard and be proud of the results. We want you to take vacation. We know that when we support you, you will do the best work of your career.
Our eyes are on the future and we need you to help make it happen, join us.
Our organization operates in a Centralized Partnership model. Management of assigned product(s) including market research; financial analysis; product planning, development and implementation; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies, objectives and programs. Our partnerships include deep collaboration with Design, Engineering, Data, Marketing, and Business teams.
Job Description Summary
In this role, you'll help change culture and practices. You'll need to roll up your sleeves to work on the operation and improvement of complex digital services. As part of this new team, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the Bank’s approach to digital services, create a best in class customer experience and join a talented fun loving team!
Responsible for managing the efficient execution of centralized Digital operations functions and practices. Identifies and remains abreast of laws, regulations and regulatory guidance related a specific regulation (i.e., AML, OFAC, Fair Lending, or other Banking regulation). Ensures centralized operational practices are accurately documented in procedures to transparently demonstrate satisfaction of compliance rules. This includes monitoring the operations control process, all while ensuring that the business activities are performed in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience working with the Digital area at a financial services provider and be familiar with the tension between creating a simple user experience and complying with operational requirements for the delivery of the digital product or service. Experience and interest with online and mobile application development and Agile is important.
Our Operations team sits at the epicenter of the Digital Channel product and Design teams, coordinating activities, supporting production, and driving efficiencies directly with our business and control partners. We focus on a wide range of challenges leveraging our experience in Operations, Compliance, Finance, Project Management and Consulting.
· Responsible for creating and enhancing processes that achieve a high level of operational efficiency while maintaining proper internal controls to meet the changing business needs.
· Develops and provides monthly reporting resulting from monitoring or program activities.
· Monitors and tracks recommendations for enhancements to policies, processes, procedures or controls from external examinations, internal audits or compliance testing. Digital policies and procedures creation and updates.
· Leads the coordination with different bank operations, product managers and internal control streams.
· Leads and provides subject matter guidance to implement changes to polices, processes, procedures or controls.
· Performs all 1st line of defense testing in line with the Corporate Compliance Testing policy within Digital.
· Ensuring 1st line of defense controls related to Regulatory and Operational Risks within Digital are defined and executed. Methodologies for a permanent control framework in the line of business.
· Partner with business owners to complete Digital compliance and operations control assessments
· Oversee the preparation and distribution of regular/special management reports on operational risk compliance and the department’s activities.
· Prepare and leads Digital operations reviews on a regular basis
· Possesses a strong knowledge of industry best practices and systems.
· Perform or assist with special departmental projects, as needed.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Project Management or Consulting within the Financial Services industry
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.