Data Scientist for Digital Banking
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses
CIB has the ambition to bring a true digital experience to our corporate clients throughout our complete product and services offering. The aim of the CIB Digital Bank for Clients (DB4C) team is to articulate this ambition with our Clients ensuring that our digital offering is further developed to support that business ambition.
The plan will build on our already solid assets, as illustrated by CENTRIC and its App store (Connexis Cash, Cortex Deposit, Cortex FX, FX+ and many more) and will look to improve our offering, integrate it into customer-designed environments and develop new customer journeys, based on the effective expectations of our users.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Understand the Centric product and its pattern of usage amongst its install base
- Proactively and actively seek out areas within the DB4C function for which data analytics can provide a meaningful impact
- Anticipate and produce meaningful analytics based on existing DB4C reporting data. Expand the data sets where required to capture relevant data points
- Own the DB4C suite of Tableau reports
- Actively ensure that all DB4C teams are educated regarding the meaning of the data that you provision
- Maintain the suite of DB4C Tableau reports
- Deep dives into Centric data using existing tooling (SQL, Tableau, Alteryx) with a view to using new tools/methodologies (Python, ML)
- Understand the structure and meaning of the data held in various Golden Sources e.g. Client First, RMPM, Centric, Compass, REVAL etc
- Run elicitation workshops with stakeholders to gather requirements for new reports/data sources/reporting enhancements. Liaise with CIB IT to ensure that the requirements elicited are built to specification
- Contribute to strategic DB4C initiatives with meaningful insight and data analytics
- Collaborate with DB4C teams to build and maintain data frameworks relevant for enior Management
- Keep abreast of changes to the Centric ecosystem and its underlying app topography
- Contribute to projects run in conjunction with the business (e.g. Coverage) to increase the adoption of Centric amongst their client portfolios
- Keep abreast of new developments in BI, data and analytics
- University degree in a numerate/analytical subject e.g. Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics, Economics
- 3+ years’ experience in investment banking as a business analyst, data scientist or a similar role with a significant focus on data analysis, reporting and stakeholder management
- Acquainted with Corporate Banking business & associated e-Banking products (FX, Cash Management, Trade Finance, reporting, pre-trade…) is a plus
- Ability to deal with regionally disparate teams
- Outstanding communication and conversational skills and commercially sharp
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward manner
- Capacity of working under pressure and with narrow deadlines
- Excellent data analysis skills (SQL, Excel, Alteryx, Tableau….). Python is a plus
- Team player
- Appetite for digital solutions
- Results-oriented, strong interpersonal skills and motivation
- Excellent written and conversational level of English (mandatory)
- Other European Languages are a plus
- Good Microsoft Office Skills (e.g. Powerpoint)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.