DevOps Engineer-Production Support
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Essential Job Functions
- Becomes a subject matter expert for a wide range of applications including the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence), Splunk, SSO, Rest and SSL mutual authentication implementation.
- Adopts and implements automation using Ansible
- Provides hands on customization, integrations and custom application/script development for various applications.
- Evaluates various tools, applications and plug ins to ensure the best solutions are provided.
- Embraces team’s development process/methodology and provides coaching to less senior engineers.
- Provide expert set up, configuration, support, troubleshooting, usage guidelines and training.
- Enhances existing and implements new tools to integrate with continuous delivery systems.
- Takes the lead in communicating with team members, clients and stakeholders on team deliverables, risks and issues.
- Works closely with management on understanding the overall direction/scope of various projects and translate those into JIRA artifacts.
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; debugs and implements software solutions. Makes recommendations on process improvements.
- Determines software support requirements.
- Reviews software policies, standards and procedures and make recommendations for change.
- Leads users in the planning of user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing.
- Implements/deploys software upgrades to various environments and provides post implementation support.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 6+ years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Windows 2012/2016
- IIS admin
- Python/Powershell experience
- Linux/Ubuntu medium level experience
- Hands on with Ansible
- Splunk hands on experience in writing Splunk query for data mining
- Oracle/SQL level 2 experience in writing small SQL queries
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.