At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
We are hiring a DevOps Engineer who will implement CI/CD pipelines using Ansible, git and gitrunner. You will contribute to the adaption and implementation of software solutions to the business and technology needs. Review system requirements and business processes; test, debug and implement software solutions.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide software support or technical support services typically in a defined moderately complex project
- Conduct a wide range of moderately complex technical analysis to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Review system requirements and business processes; debug and implement software solutions. Make recommendations on process improvements
- Determine software support requirements
- Review software policies, standards and procedures and make recommendations for change.
- Lead users in the planning of user acceptance testing, alpha and beta testing
- Create test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow
- Manage environments, implement/deploy software upgrade to various environments and support post implementation.
- Experience working in Agile based development
- Experience on any Cloud platform with Kubernetes and Openshift
- Windows 2016+ and Linux
- Knowledge of Java code for debugging
- Familiar with VM's, Vlan, F5, Firewall concepts
- Hands on experience in Powershell, Python, Ansible, GitHub
- Experience with Git
- Hands on experience with Ansible and gitlab runner
- Experience on Splunk, write custom queries to support application monitoring
- Monitoring tools (Dynatace, Appdynamics)
- Understand the WAF security implementation is a plus
- Well versed with Network terminology, Firewalls is a plus
- Experience writing SQL scripts
Other Job Duties
- Define and document software installation and configuration processes.
- Coordinate and communicate applications support activities with key stakeholders
- Review platform requirements and coordinate with vendors and other IT groups in building/maintaining hardware, 3rd party software, patches and network related components to comply with IT standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires 7+ years relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.