About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
This role is within the Risk Development team in Mumbai. We are one of the teams within RiSK Enterprise Risk Architecture (ERA) and are instrumental in providing development services for various Risk Systems Applications.
Business Line / Function:
Lead: Risk Development Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This purpose of the role is to support the CI/CD pipeline in Risk Systems and implementation of cloud infrastructure within Risk IT. This is a team member role and would entail management, co-ordination and execution of all DevOps projects and functions.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 technical support.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Timely contributions to other transversal initiatives within RISK IT department on need basis.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- No less than 5 years of Experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Good knowledge of Ruby/Python/Perl.
- Prior experience and knowledge of Linux
- Prior experience and knowledge of DevOps tools – Ansible, Maven, Teamcity/Jenkins.
- Prior experience and knowledge of DevSecOps tools – Fortify, NexusIQ, etc
- Strong interpersonal skills -Able to interact with people at all levels of the business, a good team player with an ability to multi task with effective time and priority management.
- Good in verbal and written communications. Adapts quickly and is able to independently manage /co-ordinate with different teams and get the desired results.
- Automation skills, to continuously improve processes and tools
- Great attention to details, precise and tidy.
- Clear, concise, to-the-point communication.
- Self-driven, comfortable operating with a large level of autonomy.
- Ability to work well under short deadlines at times
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to manage a project
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
The ideal candidate should be someone who has 6-10 years of overall experience as DevOps engineer with atleast 5 years experience working in a cloud platform