About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
DevOps team is responsible to provide DevOps tools and platform to the users globally. Team is responsible for managing the services and maintaining the tools. Automation is the major part where we integrate the various tools and provide end-to-end fully automated services to the users.
Team is also responsible for providing assistance to the development teams where we assist them and provide the best practices thereby help them to achieve fully automated CI/CD pipeline.
Responsible of the relations with the development teams to ensure the good integration of the systems in the production platform and in the infrastructures, which includes architecture and design, capacity planning, application monitoring and performance & stability enhancements
Senior Software Engineer
3rd September, 2019
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This role will be to work for implementation of DevOps Platform at the CIB level. A strong candidate who possesses good understanding of DevOps tools and processes. The candidate is required to have strong knowledge of some of the platforms/technologies listed in description.
· Setting Continuous Integration platform, CloudBees Jenkins.
· Developing end-to-end pipelines and various jobs in Jenkins.
· Developing and maintaining Ansible roles for the deployment of softwares/packages and configurations.
· Responsible for handling user queries (L3 support) and provide solutions.
· Develop new features to the DevOps services and provide automations.
· Discuss and advise the different workflows in GIT to the development teams to help them select the best possible workflow. Bitbucket experience preferred.
· Ensure technical documentation is created as appropriate, technical documentation should exist for all tasks or group of tasks over a certain level of complexity
- Follow technical architecture standards where applicable.
- Work as a team to design and develop parts of the system.
· Analyse and review technical specifications/implementations
- Be involved in support if a major problem in production instances arises.
- Participate in out-of-hours / daytime 1st line support as required
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Server OS - Windows / Linux platforms
- Scripting languages - Ansible, Groovy, Shell
- Containers – Docker
- container-orchestration – Kubernetes, mesos
- Code Repository – GIT, Bitbucket, SVN
- Code quality - SONARQube
- Continuous Integration – Cloudbees Jenkins
- Release Automation Tools – Ansible
- Artifact repository –Artifactory, Nexus
- Build tools – maven, msbuild etc.
- Package tools – nuget, npm etc.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4
collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral &
Ability to share / pass on
Ability to deliver / Results
(Please select up to 5 skills)
develop and adapt a process
develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)