Our DevOps team is forward thinking and always looking at new technologies and processes to streamline our customer experience. They are looking to grow their team by bringing on more talent, so they can continue to play their part in delivering the Company’s vision to become the number one UK Pet Insurer.
We are looking to recruit a DevOps and Cloud Engineer.
Why work for us?
Cardif Pinnacle is a Top 5 UK Pet insurer with a clear ambition to be the leading Pet healthcare and insurance services partner in the UK. Over the last two years, through the success of our partnership strategy, which includes Sainsbury’s Bank, PDSA and Post Office, we’ve doubled the size of our business. We have strong growth plans through UK and European partnerships, our own brand EveryPaw, and a clear vision for the development of our customer and partner proposition.
Not only do we have big ambitions for continued growth and innovation, we also pride ourselves on being a great place to work. We get that not everyone works best confined to the four walls of the office, which is why we have embraced hybrid working. Our teams can come together to collaborate in the office when needed, but have the space and the freedom to work from home. We believe people should have the best of both worlds to foster creativity, autonomy and productivity. It helps support a good work-life balance, and it’s the way we want to be.
You should apply if you have….
- production experience with Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- production experience utilising Infrastructure as code automation (Terraform)
- configuration management experience (Ansible)
- experience of building systems that facilitate CI/CD
- used Git version control and branching strategies
- practical experience with monitoring tools (ELK, Grafana)
- familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework
- education to Degree level (preferably a computing degree)
- excellent Communication and troubleshooting skills
- self-drive and ability to pick up and implement new technologies
- In-depth RHEL
- excellent scripting skills (Bash/Python/Go)
- experience of implementing DevOps best practices and methodologies
It’s not essential, but it would also be great if you have;
- previous experience of cloud migrations
- experience with GitOps technologies (ArgoCD/FluxCD)
- experience of Git administration and secure CI/CD integration (GitLab-CI/Github Actions)
- managed File Transfer Solutions
- automated testing and release management experience
- experience and understanding of what it takes to implement Zero-trust security (Secure by design)
- experience with relational and noSQL database technologies
- experience of ITIL v3
- an understanding of networks (troubleshooting to packet level)
Want to know more about the role?..
In the role you will rapidly learn and understand the current on-premise environment to provide a pivotal role in the Cloud migration strategy to Azure Cloud.
As part of the role you will provide input on cloud native design and implementation decisions. Working closely with the development teams to refine and improve our automation pipelines.
You will be taking on new projects – helping to define the scope, design and technical documentation – ensuring key stakeholders are updated on progress and seeing projects through to final implementation within the project timeline.
You will be required to automate, manage and maintain all Linux based systems within the Cardif Pinnacle group including web and internet based systems. As well as to install, manage and maintain all file transfers and related systems utilised by the Cardif Pinnacle group.
The role will provide 3rd-line support for Linux based systems including out of hours.
It’s also important to note that there will be a requirement to work to a shift rota and be able to provide 24/7 on-call cover on a rota basis, to support releases and projects.
As DevOps and Cloud engineer, day-to-day you will:
- Install and configuration of Red Hat Linux Enterprise (7.x and 8.x) operating platforms to ensure that they are secure and available.
- Document and maintain the configuration of Linux systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system problems.
- Implement and configure new technologies that benefit the business or IT functions.
- Explore options, make recommendations and help manage migration to cloud services.
- Mentor and support other system administrators in cloud technologies.
- Adhere to key policies, procedures and controls in line with company standards.
- Implement, manage and maintain the web systems used by the web infrastructure.
- Manage general administration of the Linux systems; user, folder and file management; management of DNS, NFS, SAMBA, SMTP, Apache etc.
- Implement, manage and maintain internet services such as DNS and MX records; PGP Keys servers etc.
- Implement, manage and maintain the Cardif Pinnacle secure email gateway and internet cache servers.
- Provide support, on a best efforts basis, for DB and middleware systems and platforms.
- Work closely with development teams, DBA’s, architects and environment owners to design, plan and build infrastructure to meet business requirements
Not only is it a great role in a dynamic team but it comes with the following amazing benefits….
- 24 days holiday per annum, rising to 30 days with service.
- You even get your Birthday off!
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- 10% Non-contributory Pension Scheme + 2.5% matched by company
- 4 x death in service benefit
- Private medical cover
- Award winning range of flexible benefits including discounted Gym membership, RAC membership, retail discounts, Art Pass…..and so much more!