In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The position at a glance
The FRESH IT Team is responsible for the implementation of third party and in house developed reporting solutions for the Liquidity, Finance and Risk sponsors. Their scope of responsibilities includes the interaction with multiple stakeholders, project management, business analysis, technical support and development of IT solutions in line with best practices established by CIB and the BNP Paribas group.
The FRESH – Shared Eco Systems – OFSAA team sources, hosts, governs and presents large volumes of BNPP data to facilitate Fed /Regulatory reporting. The team builds a data pipeline and ensures accuracy, quality & availability
The Oracle Database developer role will be responsible for implementing multiple development activities within the IHC platform. The candidate will be responsible to implement complex Oracle SQL based transformation logic from multiple sources to multiple targets. The candidate will also be covering the infrastructure aspects of the server (application side). Finally, the candidate will also be engaging with multiple stakeholders to understand the required action.
- Help in developing and maintaining a global data architecture and platform for IHC program purposes and some specific NAR CIB projects
- Work on the data mapping between all our sources and the DWH.
- Read Functional Specifications Requirements (FSR) to understand and develop mapping from source to target.
- Help in the transformation of workflow inside the DWH (stored procedures / Packages / trigger / PL SQL / T2T / SCD.)
- Understanding all dependencies of existing applications hosted in the DWH
- Responsible for the successful delivery of DB and DWH platform to the entire IHC group and BI development and implementations, data architecture.
- Ensure performances of deliverable follow OLA and best practises.
- Represent the NAR development task force for the global IHC Core platform mostly located in ISPL / India
- Work closely with DWH team in ISPL to implement the procedure and data mapping and upgrade.
- Write technical specs related to this implementation
- Work closely with ETL developer and other DB architect and developers to set up interfaces and procedures by following the best practices / conventions within the team (including peer code review).
- Help deploy application to UAT and production environments, and handle bug-fixes and implement possible system redesigns during these periods.
- Consult with users, management, and technical personnel to clarify business requirements, identify problems, and suggest changes / best practices.
- Write / analyze functional requirements, then propose reporting solutions to them based on BNPP standard systems. Write technical specifications and perform workload and risk analysis related to these solutions.
- Maintain and support existing applications, and participate in user trainings.
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Very good track record in Oracle database development, i.e. good knowledge & practice of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of OFSAA implementation and data model is a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle support procedure.
- Advanced UNIX scripting knowledge.
- Excellent track record working with Autosys, or any scheduling tool.
- Basic knowledge of application servers (WebLogic/TomCat)
- Must have strong technical and problem solving skill set (Banking industry experience is a plus)
- Familiar with Waterfall development methodology (development lifecycle including source control) and/or Agile
- A very good team player and to be able to work independently.
- Good English verbal and writing communication skills:
- Excellent skills communicate with team mates, users and managers.
- Good French verbal communication skills are a plus.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: https://www.bnpparibas.ca/en/our-job-offers/
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **