Description of the Department
In charge of new application developments and enhancements, bug fixes and L3 support for already existing applications.
The Role Explained
The Business As Usual
- Understand client requirements and how those translate in application features to be developed.
- Modifying software to fix bugs, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Project status reporting
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications. (L3 Support).
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
Essential skills / Systems ( Incl. languages & previous experience required)
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Availability to travel in Europe.
- DevOps platforms: Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar, Ansible, Docker.
- Java EE Development.
The ideal candidate has a strong background on the following points, the more the better:
- More than 2 years in development environment in web JAVA (J2EE) applications
- Experience in development environment mainly in web based applications .Net applications.
- Experience in:
- Frameworks: ASP.NET, APS.NET MVC, WCF, Spring MVC, JSF, Struts, Grails.
- Application servers: IIS 8, Websphere and Apache Tomcat.
- Languages: C#, JAVA.
- Version Control: TFS, Git.
- Application Types: Web and client/Server.
- IDE tools: Visual studio 2012 and above, Eclipse.
- Web Services: SOAP, ReST.
- Databases system: Oracle/MS SQL Server.
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Ansible
Desirable skills / Systems
- Knowledge of banking process and banking systems is a distinct advantage
- Scripting Windows/Linux with scheduler (Autosys)
- Tools JIRA
- MS Access
- Customer services attitude.
- Eager to learn.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international banking environment.