Desktop HVD L3 Engineer BNP Paribas CIB
BNP Paribas Group is one of the largest international banking networks, with a presence in 72 countries. The organisation is an international financial services group, with in excess of 202,000 employees with solid roots in Europe, a significant and growing presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The BNP Paribas Group is organised around two main activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
MADRID IT Platform
The CIB IT Platform for EMEA is responsible to provide IT Services to our Clients ensuring a Digital Market evolution, in a secured and performant environment, and with a reliable quality. This function includes Global Markets Application Production, Local Territory IT Development, the Core Infrastructure environment including Datacentres, Application Production, Security, Architecture as well as elements of the Global Services organisation.
The “Digital Working” Domain is part of the Corporate & Institutional Banking Information Technology & Operations (CIB ITO) of BNP Paribas. Within this domain, the EUC Desktop HVD Europe team is responsible for the support of the Virtual Infrastructure Services Operations for the European Region.
The Desktop HVD team is responsible for the maintenance, support and facility operations of all virtual machines and physical remote pc accessed by XenDesktop infrastructure. The team is in charge of the maintenance, deployment and operations of all HVD clients as to include maintenance, performance of the production infrastructure, as well as the build image maintenance.
The team is also accountable to participating on the Security Patch deployment as well as remediation process to guarantee a secured and healthy environment.
The Desktop HVD team is the main SPOC between end users and Infrastructure teams that have an impact on the virtual infrastructure. This role provides for engineered solutions, whether methods, processes, tools, infrastructure or client and coordination activities for support teams.
- HVD Infrastructure Monitoring, Operations and Health Check.
- HVD Infrastructure Lifecycle Management operations - New Builds, Templates, Security Patches, upgrades…
- hVD Backend and End Points configuration and support (Zero Client Console management, Zero/Thin Clients firmware and configuration)
- Provide services from the HVD Service Catalogue within the agreed SLA’s. (+10.000 users)
- Adhere to company ITSM processes - Incident Management, Reactive and Proactive Problem Management and Change Management - and ensure all related actions are properly documented in the corporate tools and all related stakeholders are informed on time.
- Special Operations engagements (Disaster Recovery exercises, Business Continuity Plan tests, complex Datacenter infrastructure migrations and/or replacements)
- Participate jointly with L3 Engineering team in the CIP (Continuous Improvement Plan) to leverage and improve the overall HVD Infrastructure.
- Remote PC infrastructure Monitoring, Operations and Health Check.
- To advise and support a very heterogeneous user community and address them to the appropriate teams when the topic exceeds the role and scope.
- To coordinate with many other teams actions carried out in the infrastructure (i.e. Networks, Storage, Wintel and Datacenter facilities, Service Desk among others)
- To provide ongoing reports on the status and usage of the infrastructure
- Support other operational teams in migrations to HVD infrastructure
- Advanced Powershell to automate processes and gather information from broad and diverse systems
- Maintain both infrastructures HVD and Remote PC accessed through XenDesktop.
- Citrix XenDesktop and strong knowledge on virtualization technologies.
- MS Powershell Scripting to automate processes and gather information from broad and diverse systems
- High knowledge on Windows 10 Operating system configuration and support.
- High knowledge on management of IntelvPro AMT infrastructure.
- Citrix Xen Desktop basic knowledge.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- High SCCM knowledge
- Working closely with the relevant technology teams to guarantee service stability
- Continuously ensure that all servers meet required standards within each region
- Produce regular reports to show compliance and health status
- Ensure that documentation is maintained and updated to a high standard
- Monitoring critical and core services to ensure accurate visibility of issues and potential problems
- Manage integrations with other toolsets such as ITSM, Software Asset Management and Vulnerability Management
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities
- Use technical expertise in Windows, PowerShell, SCCM, SQL, and WMI as well as other enterprise applications. Identify processes that are currently being done manually and find a way to automate
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar environment.
- ITIL Foundation knowledge
- Fluent in English (read/write/speak) – Interview will be fully in English