Help Desk Analyst (permanent)
The Information Technology department has mission to deliver a range of IT Systems (PC’s & Servers, Network, Storage, Internet, Mobile devices, Telephony, Applications) to BNP Paribas users. We do so keeping in mind Customer Service attributes whilst operating under in an environment of controlled risks and costs.
The role of the Help Desk is to provide timely and cost effective technology support to the organisation in partnership with the business lines to maximise profit.
Purpose of Position
The Help Desk is the first point of call for all technology-related problems within BNP Paribas Australia. The Help Desk Analysts are responsible for taking all requests for help submitted by phone or electronic means, resolving 70% of calls on the first point of contact and assigning those calls that cannot be resolved to the appropriate support team. This will be achieved by logging all calls in our ticketing system, assigning, and tracking the call through to completion.
· All internal customers including senior managers and ancillary staff.
· Dealing staff, brokers and back office support.
· Network/Notes/UNIX administration and support teams, development teams
· Hardware, software and consumable vendors.
· Technical consultants, project managers and architects.
· Cabling contractors
· Answer all requests for help in a timely and attentive manner
· Log all calls in the Help Desk application and track those calls not resolved on first contact, to completion.
· Troubleshoot desktop and network related issues.
· Provide general hardware support for smartphones, desktops, laptops, printers etc.
· Escalate issues to higher levels of support including global teams and/or vendors as required.
· Provide feedback with regards to recurring issues and service improvements, update team documentation to improve efficiency.
· Bring direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework.
· Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively the risk of fraud by helping to devise and by implementing sufficient regular controls.
· Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or permanent control (or compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
· Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements.
· Comply with the BNP Paribas standards of Code of Conduct.
· Comply with the BNP Paribas IT Security policies.
Average % Time Spent on Major Activity Areas
Taking requests for help and resolving/escalating
Performing OS/Emails/Accounts/etc Administrative tasks
Training (both in house and external)
Other ad hoc requests
Key Measures of Success for the Position
Major Activity or Task
Measure of success
No more than 2% error rate
Less than 2 complaints/month from customers
Account Administration and requisition orders
Completing daily reports
Completed before 10am daily
Achieving requisite skills matrix goals (Training req)
Qualification / Experience
It would be expected that the candidate have some experience with Windows/Lotus Notes/Outlook account administration experience. More in depth training will be provided as required.
Sound experience in a Help Desk/Customer service environment.
Higher School Certificate or Equivalent
Tertiary studies in the Banking / Finance Industry
Ability to maintain a calm and friendly manner when dealing with difficult clients.
Ability to deal with several tasks simultaneously
Ability to prioritise tasks
Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
Microsoft Office , Windows OS, Active Directory, SCCM
Lotus Notes/Outlook administration including smartphone support
General hardware including desktops, laptops, printers, scanners
Cisco phone support (desirable)