BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
Deputy Team Leader of Fund Accounting Milan Team
Apart from tasks and responsibilities allocated to specialists in the team, Deputy Team Leader will support and deputise for Team Leader in providing management and leadership to Fund Accounting Team as well as support our business partners’ activities in IOC Warsaw, in particular:
- 70% of BAU similar as specialist: booking transactions, reconciliation, NAV production
- 30% of leadership tasks that is:
- coordinating work of the team in Warsaw in order to deliver NAV valuation processes in line with SLA
- work planning and ad hoc reallocation in line with team’s holiday plan and unplanned absences
- organising team work in order to meet process deadlines
- coordinating on-boarding of new funds and system changes
- providing quality control processes in the team to meet operational procedures
- proactively reviewing and updating operational procedures
- controlling and updating Business Continuity Plans and Business Impact Analysis documentation of the team
- coordinating innovation processes in the team
- coordinating production of Key Performance Indicators and monitoring team performance
- developing team members in line with IOC career pathing
- co-leading recruitment and newcomers induction in the team
- providing team leadership and representing the team at IOC forums
- encouraging high work ethics, corporate values and BNP Paribas Securities Services culture amongst newcomers
- networking and liaising with other FA teams in order to organise technical support for existing and new solutions in FA
- knowledge of roles and functional relations between parties and entities involved in fund investment process on the European market and EU regulations for fund industry
- fund accounting expertise
- deep knowledge of financial instruments (securities and corporate events, listed and OTC derivative instruments)
- excellent communication skills including fluency in English and preferably Italian as second foreign language
- very high level of organisation and goal-oriented attitude in work
- ability to manage processes in an effective and client-oriented way
- adaptability and ability to maintain motivation in a changing environment
- ability to apply and encourage BNP Paribas Securities Services corporate values at work
- positive attitude and flexibility
- thorough knowledge of MS Office applications
Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
Supportive and friendly work environment with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (tennis school, football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
Wide range of trainings: soft skills, professional competences, technical trainings and financial knowledge trainings
Opportunities to growth within the organization including 6 Career Paths to choose from
Attractive benefits package:
private medical care,
Additional benefit to choose from on the cafeteria platform (cinema and theatres tickets, online shops vouchers, etc.)
co-funding of language courses and many more
Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
Candidates meeting the above mentioned requirements and interested in cooperation are asked to e-mail their applications in English (CV).
Thank you in advance for sending your application. We kindly inform you we will contact only chosen candidates.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please attach the below clause to your application:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.
Primary Location: PL-MA-WarsawJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 1 yearSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Decision Making, Communication skills - oral & written, Organizational skills, Active listening, Personal Impact / Ability to influenceTransversal competency: Analytical Ability, Ability to develop and leverage networks, Ability to develop others & improve their skills, Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment