Deputy Head of DFS Department
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
For new activity within BNP Paribas Securities Services in Poland which is an exciting, dynamic and growing operation centre in Warsaw we are looking for candidates interested in funds distribution services, custody, fund management, fund administration and associated sectors who are willing to apply for the position of:
Deputy Head of DFS Department
Overall the role will be responsible for supporting Head of DFS in running department within but not limited to below areas: daily operations, crisis management, budget planning and validation, service reviews and oversight meetings and clients and business partners visits.
In conjunction with senior Management and Global Process Owners contribute to the growth and development of the department and Warsaw IOC in line with BNP Paribas Securities Services strategy.
- Support communication of plans and objectives for the department, drive and provide major contribution to the preparation of these plans with Head of DFS Poland and Global DFS management
- Ensure that department’s results are fully green; e.g. SLA delivery, service quality, productivity, staff engagement surveys, internal/external audit results are all exemplary.
- Co-lead the development of the DFS department by transforming the processes, systems and global operating model to ensure they are in line with ambitions of the Global DFS Management thus enabling the development of new products and services.
- Contribute to monitoring of department’s goals’ realization
- Ensure that processes are monitored properly and reviewed on a regular basis in order to increase productivity by making processes more efficient, encourage people to search for innovations and process optimization.
- Ensure that all costs are in line with budget, participate and support budget preparation support applications/tools set up and access management.
- “Lead by Example”; inspire staff, Team Leaders and Managers through fostering cooperative and positive culture and by ensuring that all employees work as a single team with their peers across domains, business lines and locations
- Secure, formalize and evolve necessary controls and procedures so that operational risk is constantly mitigated and ensure a constructive, supportive and learning culture is in place in relation to errors and incidents
- Act and behave appropriately to comply with the general ethical standards expected by the Bank and relevant Regulatory Authorities
- Maintain superior relationship with global process owners, business partners and clients by constructively managing their requirements, asking for regular feedback and implementing proper actions to improve
- At least 5 years’ experience of investment banking or securities services
- A minimum of 5 years senior managerial and leadership experience in a financial services environment, enabling the candidate to provide effective leadership in establishing the appropriate operating norms, staff behaviours, culture and strategic direction
- Propensity to create and implement a transformational vision
- Ability to build collaborative networks and relationships across locations and cultures
- Educated to at least Master of Arts degree level
- Fluency in English
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Complex training preparing to achieve independence on the position
- Supportive and friendly work atmosphere with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.
- Wide range of trainings and development opportunities
- Attractive benefits package (medical care, multisport card, lunch card, co-funding of language courses and many more)
- Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego