Debit Product Manager
Job Description Summary
The individual in this position manage the overall experience and profitability of the Consumer Debit product line. Design and implement a debit card strategy solving for the needs of clients and its business partners. Implement debit card projects to simplify products, processes and ensure controls. Responsible for all aspects of product development and portfolio management. Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required. The individual must develop and maintain strong partnerships and programs with the key partners and teams.
Essential Job Functions
Build and maintain debit product roadmaps enabling Bank of the West to be the easiest bank to do business with in the debit space, making it easy for customers and bankers to understand and communicate
- Driving improvements in portfolio performance (new account approval & penetration, activation and usage) and profitability through partnership with sales, marketing and vendor partners
- Leading product strategy for assigned product lines and executing product modifications and new product development; discovery and development of advanced or innovative features and functionality
- Providing subject matter expertise on the products, features, functionality and controls
- Understanding key competitors' related product and new developments in those offerings
- Bachelor's Degree In Business or Finance
- Experience in forecasting, financial modeling, business case development, strategic planning, project management and tactical implementation.
- Direct experience in applying analytics to innovativley develop product and channel strategies.
- Ability to work across multiple internal stakeholders, business areas, and external providers to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
-Knowledge of regulatory requirements surrounding the bank’s product offerings required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.