At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for generating new consumer loans and credit card applications submitted via alternative delivery channels (phone, internet and mail). Assists business partners and customers by providing information for non-deed related loan products. Generates new business for the Bank by identifying cross-sell and referral opportunities.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responds to inbound phone and internet requests for new customer loans and credit card applications.
- Partners with RBG branch bankers to support consumer loan product education, customer financial need and loan options. Maintains knowledge of all product and services sold by the department in order to respond to branch and customer inquiries. Provides administrative support for department by handling mail and fax routing, imaging of documents, updating opt out data bases, filing and other clerical duties as necessary.
- Cross-Sells additional products and services and/or refers to other units within the bank as appropriate in order to deepen existing client relationships with the bank.
- Provides clerical assistance and supports Lease End Management to ensure proper loan customer communications and loans are closed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all consumer loan applications are made in full compliance with the bank and applicable regulatory policies.
- Supports and assists fulfillment area when necessary.
- Assists with Overflow sales calls.
- Responds to customer email and website inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
Licenses & CertificationsSkills
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Complete knowledge of banking, including sales and customer service.
- Complete knowledge of consumer loan and related laws and regulations.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Superior Written and Tracking Skills.
- General knowledge of the Bank's products (i.e. deposits, cash management, loans and other fee income generating products).
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Consumer