At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting with the day-to-day processing of consumer loans from the time of loan decision to the time the loan is ready to close with the client.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Receives, reviews, and relays all documentation via fax, mail and/or email, required for loan stipulations to be met so the loan can be closed in a timely manner.
- Works with multiple external agencies and businesses partners (i.e. Insurance, DMV, USCG, Lien Perfection Vendors, Inspection Co. , Doc Service Co.) to assist internal and external customers in obtaining necessary documentation to complete loans.
- Initiates Document Request process to facilitate accurate generation of loan documents
- Works with various business lines/partners and with clients directly to ensure the timely completion of the loan process.
- Maintains accurate records, organized files, and detailed notes regarding all loans being processed for easy reference.
- Communicates with customers to facilitate ands ensure timely and accurate completion of the loan process(es). Reviews daily reports to ensure timely response to customers and timely completion of pre and post loan closing process(es).
- Clears Fraud / Red Flags to prevent and mitigate fraud risk.
- Acts as back-up for other team members.
- Assists with overflow Sales calls
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires strong understanding of all state regulations and processes for consumer lending fulfillment requests including, but not limited to, auto, secured, unsecured, and revolving.
- Strong product knowledge of bank's products.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Consumer