Database Team Lead_Gloss
About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT workload, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Global Markets IT
Mumbai (Malad (East))
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
GLOSS is a trade processing system that automates the complete life cycle of the trade starting from trade capture to trade enrichment, confirmation, settlement, P&L calculation and accounting of the trade. GLOSS is being used for BNP Paribas Tokyo and BNP Paribas Hong-Kong branches.
The position is for a team lead who would be part of the Gloss-Development team and will be responsible to lead a team of developers and project deliveries.
- Lead and be responsible for deliveries of the team of 7-8 developers.
- Hands on experience in application development / enhancements / bug fixing.
- Ability to overcome technical challenges and independently lead the team.
- Understand the scope of the project and the corresponding milestones.
- Review the code and implementation of coding best practices.
- Identify external and internal dependencies w.r.t the planned tasks and publish the remediation plan for overcoming the dependencies.
- Co-ordination skills to work across teams and ability to independently co-ordinate with different teams and stakeholders across locations.
- Perform code reviews and review documentation done by the team.
- Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life cycle and day-to-day development work.
- Maintain administration tasks; i.e. Jira to record progress against tasks, OneNote for documentation and Clarity for booking in time, support rotas etc
- Contributing Responsibilities
- Contribute in preparation of CIO dashboards & Team cards.
- Contribute in prioritization of changes.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge of any database(Sybase, Oracle, SQL-Server). The database we use is Sybase ASE 15.7.
- Experience working on various flavors of Unix ( AIX, Linux,etc.)
- Excellent SQL/PL-SQL skills
- Proficient in Performance tuning.
- Good Shell scripting & Unix knowledge
- Gloss knowledge or proficiency in the trade processing and settlement domain.
- Good C /C ++ programming skills.
- Be able to work locally with peer teams and remotely with BA
- Business / Technical spoken and written English.
- Good to have knowledge of Core Java or Spring Boot.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
BE in computer science or IT would be preferable.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Ownership and accountability.
- Hands-on experience in leading the team.
- Readiness to work in shift hours – to enable 3-4 hours of overlap with the US
- Be able to work locally with peer teams and remotely with BA and project lead.
- Ability to analyze and understand the functional documents (BRD, FSD) and highlight any discrepancies and use case scenarios.
- Business / Technical spoken and written English.
- Eager to write production-class maintainable and supportable code (performance, logging, monitoring, etc…).
- Self-learning attitude.
Ownership and accountability.