About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT workload, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Senior Software Engineer
Global Markets IT
Mumbai (Malad (East))
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
GLOSS is a trade processing system that automates the complete life cycle of the trade starting from trade capture to trade enrichment, confirmation, settlement, P&L calculation and accounting of the trade. GLOSS is being used for BNP Paribas Tokyo and BNP Paribas Hong-Kong branches.
The position is for a Sybase Developer who would be part of the Gloss-Development and will be responsible for delivering small & medium sized enhancements for the BAU stream.
- Application development / support / enhancements / bug fixing.
- Demonstrate good understanding of the Functional aspects of the application
- When needed, demonstrate a willingness to acquire new knowledge (functional as well as technical) in a self-learning attitude.
- Estimate work, and report on the progress.
- Propose solutions and approaches, supply impact analysis.
- Work with quality in mind (scope, defect, performance, testing).
- Responsibility to carry out system testing, regression testing and release implementation. Prepare High quality test plans and conduct the tests at Unit and Functional level.
- Be able to understand complex systems and take the initiative, to seek out and accept new responsibilities
- Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life cycle and day-to-day development work.
- Maintain administration tasks; i.e. Jira to record progress against tasks, OneNote for documentation and Clarity for booking in time, support rotas etc
- Produce written release and operational documentation for the development produced.
- Conduct Integration testing as and when required.
- Conduct Regressions tests as required.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge of any database(Sybase, Oracle, SQL-Server)
- Good SQL/PL-SQL skills
- Shell scripting & Unix knowledge
- Gloss knowledge – Good to have.
- C – Good to have.
- Be able to work locally with peer teams and remotely with BA and project lead.
- Business / Technical spoken and written English.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
BE in computer science or IT would be preferable.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)