MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The principle objective of this assignment is to
provide Database Architect in fast-paced financial environment.
• Design and perform database digital transformation
• Review business requirements and design database architect to support business
• Build database infrastructure to be highly available and reliable
• Lead database development, tuning and optimization expertise to application development and support teams on an ah-hoc or continual basis.
• Contribute towards Architecture, Engineering of Db solutions. Develop, Document and Deploy Standards and Procedures to comply with Audit, Configuration, Industry and Security baselines.
• Proactively monitor all database systems utilizing vendor supplied and BNP Paribas standard tools.
• Maintain complete inventory, config and documentation of deployed systems.
• Engineer high availability Database Systems based on Oracle and SQL Server.
• Remediate database security baselines, policies, standard procedures and best practices.
• Work within the project management framework defined for IT Production North America.
• Cross train members of the Database team in all responsibilities and maintain a daily and weekly rotation schedule for these.
• Liaise with application and business clients to gather requirements, design and deploy standard systems which clearly differentiate between production, development, UAT, and DR.
• Identify operational and infrastructure risks within the environment and work with the application development team and CM business to make corrections and mitigate risks.
• Ensure that all systems are backed up and monitored according to the business requirements and notify the data owners when there are failures.
• Ensure optimal resilience of deployed systems and meet all disaster recovery and compliance requirements dictated by the business.
• Liaise with UNIX/Storage/Network Engineers in troubleshooting issues.
• Maintain top-notch technical skills and business knowledge through proactive self-learning in addition to any formal instructor-led training provided by BNP Paribas.
• Interface with external vendors in troubleshooting complex, cross-platform issues.
• Provide comprehensive cross-training for engineers and support personnel on front-line database client troubleshooting and support
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related area preferred
• Seven years+ Oracle experience a must
• Five years+ Sql experience a must
• Financial Industry experience a must
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Expert knowledge of Oracle, Sql database concepts, development and administration with Five years+ as Oracle/Sql DBA in a production environment.
• Oracle, Sql Development and/or Application DBA experience, strong Sql, T-Sql, RDMS knowledge. Well – rounded system dba and application dba skills a must.
• Expertise in Oracle ASM, RAC, CRS, RMAN, Dataguard, and replication administration and troubleshooting
• Expertise in SQL cluster, mirroring administration and troubleshooting
• Must have extensive and proven troubleshooting, recovery, db and app optimization & administration experience in large and mission critical enterprise environments (50+ managed servers).
• Strong Unix, Windows experience (sysadmin/power-user level reqd.), Programming & Shell scripting skills, Perl.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and good end-user support skills.
• Must be well-organized, responsible, work effectively as a technical lead in a project management framework, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to multitask in a dynamic trading environment.
• Ability to perform 7 x 24 hour support on a rotation basis and wear a pager and/or blackberry device.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.