Data Analyst - Netherlands – Utrecht
Who are we:
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group and one of the highest-rated asset servicing banks in the industry. With a local presence in 34 countries across five continents and a global custody network covering over 100 markets, BNP Paribas Securities Services assists her clients around the world and offers them a unified service range of all asset classes. BNP Paribas Securities services Netherlands is proud to deliver a broad range of services to its clients, including: Global Custody, Depositary bank and trustee service, Transfer Agency and Fund Distribution Support, Middle Office outsourcing, Fund- and investment Accounting, Investment Reporting & Performance Measurements and Regulatory Reporting.
Each day, a group of 100 dedicated colleagues at BNP Paribas Securities Services in Utrecht, are devoted to supply best in class service. This creates a pleasant vibe of hard-working, close-knit teams and dynamic collaboration with our clients and external partners. This brings us joy in our work and supports our growth ambitions.
For the expansion of our Data Valuation Management Team, we are looking for a Data Analyst to strengthen us in the following areas. You will be in control of the complete data flow from determining the source and contract, to setting up the process and advise on the usage of the data. Responsible for the data and quality in our system (SimCorp Dimension) for several big Dutch Institutional clients and ensuring that the data policy will be followed in a consistent manner. Working closely together with Valuations and taking responsibility in data driven projects making sure that improvements in our processes and services are updated. Furthermore the Data Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining high quality data and setting up new products and services.
In this interesting and varied role, your responsibilities will include:
- Timely completeness and exactness of the Data
- Highly specialised knowledge of the system architecture (SimCorp Dimension) the Data Analyst is a 2nd line help for complex operational issues
- Set-up and maintain Data Governance
- Anticipate and take lead in data related projects
- Setup and maintain the right data contracts
- Achieve of exceptionally good operational results for clients
- Achieve recognition by clients for high quality service
- Assist in the development of the business by analysing and helping to evaluate impact of market change
- Improve your processes
We are offering:
- The chance to be part of a corporate scale up journey, offering a great challenge and an inspiring environment
- Work flexible hours and lots of room to grow on a personal – but also on an professional level
- Multi-cultural working environment
- Sound benefits
- Well-equipped office and all the required facilities to do your job located in Utrecht five minutes walking distance from Central Station.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Finance, Economics, Applied Economics or equivalent
- Preference of minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of market, market movements and application to clients
- Experience in data governance, and implementation experience (new instruments, new fields)
- Affinity with data software and data servers
- Knowledge of investment strategies, reporting systems, investment procedures and performance / risk analysis and methodologies is an asset
- A strongly developed strategic sense, team spirit and the ability to work under pressure, without losing your sense of humour
- Strong technical skills (mandatory: Excel, preference: Visual Basic and SQL)
Technical skills and job related competencies:
- (Preferably) experience in SimCorp Dimension and Bloomberg is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of equity and fixed income products as well as derivatives
- Fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written), French will be considered as an advantage
- Organized and able to work autonomously
- Ability to develop efficient working relationships with various stakeholders abroad and locally
- Knowledge of Dutch securities market practices and regulations
- Understanding of business needs of major international & domestic investment institutions and their objectives in using BNP Paribas Securities Services’ products.
Are you the Data Analyst we’re looking for? Apply via the application button. We can’t wait to hear from you!
As part of the application procedure there is an assessment and Pre-Employment Screening (PES). A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behaviour and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.