Data Solution Analyst
Head of GMO Data Governance
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Global Markets Operations, GMO, supports the business via four units; Control & Regulatory Oversight, Product Control, Trade Processing, and Collateral Management and Treasury Liquidity & Forecasting Management. The Control unit manages and mitigates operational risk across several axes with continual review, enhancement and deployment of operational controls to ensure adherence to the evolving regulatory environment, firm policies and procedures, and industry best practice.
Within the Control & Regulatory Oversight functions support, the Data Solutions – Referential team ensures the management of:
• Creation of financial instruments and the market data associated used by trading; static or dynamic
• Maintenance / Update of instruments in a variety of systems
• Referential creation of Trade Books & Portfolios
• Controls to enhance reliability of these data before and after their distribution
Responsibilities: (include, but not limited to)
• Responsible for maintenance of various types of securities including all short term papers, Corporate Bonds, Convertible Bonds, Municipal Bonds, Treasuries, Asset Backed, CMO, TBAs, Pools, Mortgages, Equities, Options and Futures
• Input and validate securities in various internal systems
• Daily controls of Local Market Data (Closing Prices, Rates, Fixings & Volatility) used for P&L & Risk production
• Monitor & Maintain corporate action events within internal and external systems impacted and Communicate to internal clients (FO, MO, BO, Client Service and etc...) the details of the events
• Perform reconciliation of systems in order to ensure all systems contain current and accurate information across firm's vast database of Corporate and Foreign debt
• Monitor exception reports related to instrument position details; such as coupon resets and pool factors
• Monitor newly issued Agency securities as reported on Bloomberg and set up internally, to all related systems in a timely effective manner
• Execute the announcements and auctions of US Treasury (When Issued) securities
• Work closely with Front, Middle and Back offices and IT
• Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate), as soon as an issue is identified.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of Global Markets activities
• Knowledge of standard brokerage operational procedures
• Understanding of the financial aspects of fixed income securities
• Experience in fixed income referential data
• Excellent communication skills in daily relations with other departments
• Attention to detail, high degree of accuracy
• Ability to work autonomously in a pressured environment
• Able to work in a team oriented environment
• Customer service etiquette
• Strong communication skills (oral & written)
• Sense of initiative
• Proficient knowledge of Excel and Word
• Four year college degree preferred
• VBA programming a plus
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.