Data Scientist Operational Risk Controller Officer
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The main mission of the team is to contribute to the independent control testing plan, by giving support to the RISK ORC CIB Global Banking team for providing RISK and Senior Management a synthetic, transparent, exhaustive and consistent Front to Back view of Operational Risk across activities
- Team member will contribute to the comprehensive execution of the control plans defined for Corporate Banking activities, notably for the Credit Process but also for Volcker/French Banking Law and testing plans to be defined on Functions (as Tax or Legal)
- The Data Scientist Operational Risk Officers will play a key role in Global Banking operational risk management by independently challenging the effectiveness of the operational control framework of the BNP Paribas’ Global Banking activities
- As part of this independent testing team, the Data Scientist will be :
Contributing to the continuous improvement of the process performed by the independent testing team as well as the tools in use by the team
Helping to drive new approaches to presenting the risks to senior management, such as the use of dynamic dashboards to replace static reports
Investigating the use of machine learning approaches to help the team get a better understanding of the risks, improve methodologies, or help identifying data quality issues automatically.The work will be performed in direct strong coordination with the RISK ORC CIB Global Banking EMEA (excl UK team) and Americas as with RISK ORC CIB Transformation team in Paris.
- The candidate should have a basic understanding and keen interest in different machine learning techniques
- Good communication skills are required with an ability to communicate complicated programming approaches or machine learning techniques to colleagues with a different technical background
- The candidate should be able to efficiently prioritise work and show resourcefulness in order to meet deadlines, whilst having the ability to react to changing priorities
- Affinity with CIB Businesses, products and processes
- Interest and/or experience in the Operational Risk Management and general awareness in Risk management
Language : fluent English, Spanish and Portuguese appreciated