Data Scientist (Data Quality Office)
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
- Norms for the definition of the operational norms for credit risk data, meant to provide a consistent approach and understanding of the concepts and its correct implementation in systems, across the Group
- Data Servicing and Solutions (D2S) to provide to internal clients, agile data environment for credit risk and operational risk and to implement automated solutions for analysis and capital calculation
- Data Quality Office (DQO) to orchestrate the data quality framework for credit risk and operational risk and to assess the quality of data, in closed interactions with the BNP Paribas entities and relevant stakeholders.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributing to the data quality framework: production of data quality indicators for Group forums
- Supporting the resolution of the data quality issues encountered by RISK ERA SAR analysts, in relation with BNP Paribas entities and relevant stakeholders
- Contributing to the data quality controls and reconciliations to ensure reliable data environments
- You will work in a dynamic and international place
- You will contribute actively to the transformation of the RISK function
- You will become an expert of the data quality processes
- You will boost your knowledge on the risk management
- You will acquire a global view of the risk and finance IT architecture
- You will develop your knowledge of the Group and its activities
- You will extend your network through BNP Paribas
- Master degree
- For Junior profile (willingness to consider recent graduates) with strong desire to learn
- Data request skills with SQL is appreciated
- Knowledge of BI tools (e.g. SAS, TABLEAU...) is appreciated
- Knoweledge on Basel regulation and /or credit risk and/ or operational risk is appreciated
- Fluent in English, French appreciated
- Curious with high analysis skills to understand the root cause of disqualities
- Synthesis skills to summary complex and transversal issues
- Capacity to work in project mode
- Rigorous mindset to work on data model
- Capacity of innovation and adaptation in a transversal environment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.