#CapitalMarkets #Markets360 #Quants #DataAnalytics #DerivativeMarkets #Macroeconomics #Models #Digitalization #Automation #Python #DataScience
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others) We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- Apply mathematical and statistical techniques to economic and financial market data, producing pattern recognition, relationship identification and time-series model projections
- Develop libraries and leading quant indicators for asset prices, economic variables and derivative markets. This entails
- Maintaining existing libraries and developing new modules
- Running data analytics
- Exploring use of new data science techniques
- Testing new date sets (i.e. alternative data)
- Develop tools for data managing for model outputs/inputs
- Maintain and update models, including creating visual representations of outputs, compiling of dashboards, presentations and publications
- Work with other teams for the improvement of digitalization, automation and distribution of contents
- Support the Macro Quant & Derivative Strategists (located in London and Portugal) in the process of researching new modelling techniques and producing thematic research reports, which relate quant analytics to the current economic and market news flow
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Markets or similar fields
- Up to 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of principals of classical machine learning models (linear regression, SVMs, k-means clustering, PCA, decision trees); Knowledge in basic neural networks is a plus.
- Ability to write robust code in Python or other coding language.
- Familiarity with machine learning and statistical models libraries, like ‘scikit-learn’ and ‘statsmodels’.
- Ability to demonstrate elementary knowledge and/or interesting in financial markets
- Strong interest in software development, data analysis and solid analytical skills
- High attention to detail / rigor
- Autonomy, proactiveness, reliability and results driven
- Critical thinking, creative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Fluency in English both oral and written (mandatory)
About the Team
- Markets 360 is made up of around 100 economists, strategists and analysts across the Americas, Western Europe, CEEMEA and Asia Pacific, who work closely together to create cross-asset perspectives
- With a focus on value-added research and thought leadership, the aim is to publish clear, timely and thought-provoking pieces on topics ranging from financial and economic forecasts to in-depth analysis of particular assets, economies and themes
- The Macro Quant & Derivatives Strategy team is part of Markets 360 and is responsible for quantitative and evidence-based research on macroeconomics, major asset classes and derivatives. The team is composed of macro quant analysts and strategists who collaborate to develop and maintain models and processes that can be used to generate trade ideas and market analysis for inclusion in thematic publications. The team is client facing and works closely with sales, trading, structuring and other quantitative research teams within BNP Paribas Global Markets
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.