At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
- The Data Quality (DQ) Manager will be responsible for managing activities that advance the mission of the Enterprise Data Management Team and works closely with various stakeholders across the firm to deliver continuous data quality improvement across core DQ dimensions & data domains aligned to the Bank’s product lines, for support of the Bank’s Business Intelligence / Analytic needs.
- Manage the delivery of DQ Root-cause analysis & solution design services by engaging stakeholders, prioritizing remediation activities and presenting DQ status & solution recommendations at project SteerCos and various forums.
- Process activities include, business impact assessment, gathering DQ requirements, baselining solution & control design, root-cause analysis of data defects and driving remediation to close through LOBs and IT.
- Additional responsibilities include: Developing and maintaining knowledge on the BCBS239 guidance as well as the RaDAR program implementation so as to constantly adjust, as relevant, your activities to the approach promoted by the Group and contribute to the requirements for data quality metrics, dashboards and co-ordinate with DQ Measurements team in performing and validating UAT’s as appropriate.
- This position requires an ability to navigate competing requirements to reach consensus with a variety of stakeholders, strong attention to detail and excellent analytical problem solving skills.
In this role you will:
Interact with senior business leaders in their lines of business and reporting teams to understand their data quality problems and perform diagnostic analysis on those issues.
Drive engagement with data stewards and lines of business to perform root cause analysis and assist in solution design for remediation of data issues that will support the goal of ensuring total quality of the data used for reporting/business purposes
Provide SME knowledge to the team with respect to their data domains on DQ issues
Coordinate with offshore/nearshore team on data profiling, data quality assessments, key quality indicators and data quality dashboards.
Perform root cause analysis for key data elements by performing profiling, Data Quality (“DQ”) rule output analysis and investigations of issues along the data flow from source to reporting
Work extensively with Issue Management & Remediation team for remediation efforts around the identified data quality issues.
Develop and maintain knowledge on the BCBS239 guidance as well as the RaDAR program implementation so as to constantly adjust, as relevant, your activities to the approach promoted by the Group Contribute to the requirements for data quality metrics, dashboards and co-ordinate with IT in development, performing and validating UAT’s as appropriate
Follow the Data Quality assessment framework, processes, policies and procedures.
Continually drive improvements to the existing operations processes, reporting and delivery methods through effective usage of data quality processes and framework.
Produce and distribute daily/weekly team Status reports and contribute to project/team status reporting depending on the undertaking at hand
Manage a small set of Data Quality Analysts, planning and prioritizing the team’s activities, verifying robust procedures are practiced and approve on team deliverables, while ensuring administrative & resource management responsibilities are met.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management