Data Operations, Mgr
Job Description Summary
The Data Operations Manager has overall responsibility for operations and platform support for the delivery of Regulatory reports, and other data supports within the Enterprise Data Management at Bank of the West. The Data Operation Manager will have accountability for services including Platform support & operations, Data Validations, monitoring of Data Quality and Control checks
In this leadership position, the Data Operations Manager will partner closely with Enterprise Data management, Business Report Owners, Enterprise Data Community with Finance, Risk and Treasury to drive the upkeep, continuity, and maintenance of Enterprise Data’s systems and data assets.
Essential Job Functions
Manages teams offshore and Near-shore within Enterprise Data Operations including work assignment, development of staff and performance management
Acts as a liaison between Enterprise Data Technology and business Report Owners
Provides progress updates on key issues, status of resolutions and ensures Enterprise Data is aligned with business concerns
Maintain and facilitate awareness of the Enterprise Data infrastructure status and supporting production processes
Collaborate with business, IT and Enterprise Data colleagues to communicate planned and unplanned change activities to elevate awareness to clients and stakeholders
Provide support and coordination of priority 1 and 2 issues, supporting Enterprise Data by initiating problem awareness, resolution and escalation
Function as a production “process critic” by analyzing processes for improvement opportunities
Leads the development, update, and execution of Business Continuity Plans for systems and data within Enterprise Data
Prepares effective reporting and presents information for various monthly status reports.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business Skills
· Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, and tactics within one area.
· Proficiency in SQL
· 7+ years of management responsibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Extensive experience with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project, and others, is required.
· Experience with other technologies such as Oracle Identity and Access Management, Cisco Tidal, Oracle and SQL Server databases, and Snowflake Data Warehouse as a Service
· Ability to manage a global team in a fast paced environment
· Demonstrated expertise in leading, motivating and integrating a team with effective leadership and management skills, including teaching, coaching and mentoring
· Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
· Experience with HP Quality Center (formerly Mercury) is highly desirable.
· Experience with other technologies such as Oracle Identity and Access Management, Cisco Tidal, Oracle and SQL Server databases and Snowflake Data Warehouse as a Service
· Experience in Banking products
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.