• Global LAP Organization North America – Data Model Team Lead
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Global Lap Organization – FCOO Organization ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the Finance (accounting) and Tax organization to meet their business objectives. The team acts as the bridge for the Finance and Tax organization to various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, PMO and Technology organizations in New York, Jersey City, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes, strategic initiatives and reengineering existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency. The team also provides first line user support through training, research and responding to general queries.
The main mission for this position is to be the key point of contact when it comes to the data model, architecture and organization for the Finance systems, assisting
(1) the project teams when impactful projects are launched (mostly during the analysis & specification phases of the projects)
(2) the support team when specific data analysis is required. As the role will be transversal within the department, some end-user coordination may also be required on a case by case basis.
Ultimately, the role will help build the high-quality data management within the Finance department
• Participate in project analysis and specification and follow-up within critical phases of the project
• Responsible for analysing the business needs and synthesizing a solution, proposing a logical design and its physical implementation, while keeping in mind the compliance with the long-term target architecture
• Provide concise follow-up on a regularly basis to NAR project manager and sponsors
• Ensure long term transfer of knowledge from currently allocated resources to Finance community and partners
• Ensure that NAR specificities (Canada + US) are taken into account during the project
• Provide follow-up and support on other related projects, per agreement with GLO LAP NA management
• Elicit, analyse, and document user requirements and business processes.
• Develop functional specification requirements for IT development and to ensure user requirements are met.
• This is a new role within the department, the candidate must be eager to bring an innovative and proactive way of managing data and architecture within the department, suggesting innovative solutions when relevant
• Help to define and ease change management
• Educate staff (project teams and end-users) through trainings and support
• Manage issues and escalate effectively
• Ensure on-time quality delivery of projects assigned
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Experienced and organized Business Analyst with ability to give vision about his/her work, risks, deliverables in a concise way
• Mandatory work experience in the data architecture domain, from logical data resource design to physical data resource implementation.
• As Business understanding is key and end-users having to be actively involved in the implementation process, experience in the field of accounting and accounting systems is required, preferably in the financial reporting field, and implementation in the financial services industry with a good understanding of Finance domain
• In-depth understanding of database structure principles and technical system architecture
• Experience in project management, with ability to work efficiently in geographically dispersed & cross-functional teams (US, Canada, UK, India)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical, accounting or seniority levels.
• Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.