Scrum Master / Agile Team Leader
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The mission of RISK is to provide Senior Management of the Group and of the Operating Divisions, with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risk and clients managed by Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Investment Solutions (IS) business units, as per the scope detailed below.
The scope of RISK is:
- On Market and Liquidity risks: it is Group-wide. RISK comprehensively covers the CIB capital markets activities, ALM Treasury as well as the IS Business Units,
- On Counterparty risk: it is Group-wide. RISK covers all counterparty risks arising from derivative and repo transactions,
- On Credit risk: credit analysis and approval for all Financial Institutions (including Funds and SPVs), Sovereigns, Wealth Management clients and other IS private clients,
- On Insurance risk: risks generated by Insurance activities,
- Depending on mandates given, RISK also assumes, directly or indirectly, responsibilities on the above risk categories in specific areas of the Retail Business Units.
RISK contributes to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision-making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions.
The RISK ERA Systems team is part of RISK. Its mission consists in providing the Bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced methods and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process.
In this context, the Data Governance Tool (DGT) was created to monitor data quality within RISK ERA Systems. It came as an answer to BCBS 239 and has now become a key asset for RISK ERA Systems and for RISK in general.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Governance Tool team is responsible for the development, support and maintenance of the Data Governance Tool (DGT) - a comprehensive framework created to monitor, fix and report data quality issues.
The mission of DGT team is met by:
- Understanding, challenging and implementing user requirements around data quality controls
- Developing the corresponding UI and features within an AGILE framework
- Providing daily support to all DGT users (more than 400 distinct users as of June 2019).
The DGT Scrum Master must always be in touch with the DGT Product Owner in order to translate the official, high-level roadmap into smaller pieces of deliveries. He/she is responsible for the quality and the pace of the DGT deliveries. The DGT Scrum Master also acts like a coach for the DGT Agile team. Indeed, the DGT Scrum Master allows the team to become self-managing and self-organising while coaching and guiding them on continuous delivery and continuous improvement aspects. The Scrum Master has decent knowledge of software development processes and procedures and guides team on areas like user story writing and estimation, continuous integration, acceptance test driven development… He/she must have a good understanding of agile methodology and frameworks.
The main responsibilities include:
- Organise the releases (Sprints) in line with the high-level roadmap managed by the DGT Product Owner
- Organise and run team meetings to reach an efficient (self-)organisation
- Ensure a stable and satisfying delivery pace at all times
- Manage development resources to have the right person in front of each item to be delivered
- Set up DGT sprint retrospectives when necessary – the Scrum Master is also guaranteeing the quality of the deliveries
- Act like a coach/mentor for the team
- Act like a technical advisor – potentially liaising with other RISK ERA Systems resources – e.g. database experts, architects…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, RISK, IT or related field
- At least three years of experience with IT or data management
- An experience with Agile is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodology frameworks – ideally Scrum
- Sound knowledge of JIRA and its plugins
- Basic knowledge of at least one development language – e.g. Python, R…
- Fluency with all MS Office tools
- Problem solving/Conflict Management & Resolution skills
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Firm believer in Quality-first approach
- Good knowledge of English (mandatory); French appreciated
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.