Data Governance Senior Consultant
Supporting the on-going BAU mode and further implementations regarding BCBS239, data protection and future data regulation in BNP Paribas Personal Finance, including through Master Data Management framework and supporting controls. Supporting and owning as required the team’s activities and strategic goals in improving Data Governance and Regulatory adherence across the organisation.
Operate as an internal consultant across other BNP Paribas Personal Finance analytical groups & business areas providing advice & support on data control, data integrity and data management so to increase and maintain the consistency and quality of BNP Paribas Personal Finance data and reporting.
The Data Governance team is currently tightly focussed on BCBS239 implementation and supporting Data Protection within the business, but the scope of the role will increase in line with the scope of the team.
BCBS239 Run-Mode Quality and End User Interaction controls :
- Help maintain, monitor and tune the existing controls placed to adhere to BCBS239 in the organisation
- Proactively seek and implement new controls appropriately to support this aim.
- Support the strategic aims of both management and group Data Management Office.
- Take ownership of relevant meetings and committees as required to support the ongoing BCBS239 adherence within the company.
- Manage the resolution of any data issues with internal departments and third parties including the Data Warehouse team
- Proactively identify where policies are missing and work with the business areas to develop & implement these
- Identify opportunities to drive value from data more effectively through development, controls and effective definition of the company’s data.
Further Regulatory Requirements and Strategic Growth :
- Providing ongoing management and monitoring of Data Protection controls and procedures across the organisation
- Supporting the company’s implementation of future regulations in the data space in line with team expectations
- Supporting the requirements of future implementations and the continuing use of data control and validation frameworks within them
- Support implementation, maintenance and governance of BNP Paribas Personal Finance’s data within projects to ensure that all new data is governed in line with or better than existing policy
- Manage the implementation of validation and/or exception processes as needed for the purposes of monitoring this.
Carry out risk assessments on data within the organisation & provide recommendations for improvement in data handling and quality
Data Regulation :
- Be aware of all data regulations impacting BNP Paribas Personal Finance and providing guidance, recommendation, remedial plans and controls to ensure that BNP Paribas Personal Finance stay ahead of the regulatory agenda
Projects / Project Management :
- Work within and take lead from a data Governance perspective as nominated in strategic projects, ensuring the required Data principles and requirements are adhered to, whilst enabling each project to deliver to timescale.
What we are looking for :
- Numerate degree or equivalent commercial experience
- Good knowledge of Data Regulations affecting Financial Services Organisations
- Some knowledge of related Risk and financial regulations and an ability to appreciate them.
- Track record of knowledge across both Risk and Financial Datatypes
- Ability to decode technical solutions including the reading and understanding of scripts or programs.
- A good, solid understanding of Data Protection and GDPR
- Experience of Data Controls including Data Quality Controls, manual Processing or End User Computation controls, reconciliations, best-practice methods for avoiding divergence and remedying divergence