By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here.
About the job
- The Stress Testing Data Analytics (STDA) team has a key role to play in the development of a strong risk management framework for the BNP Paribas Group. The team is responsible for the elaboration of the dataset that will be used as the starting point for modelling activities and stress testing exercises, which are crucial in granting the Group means to anticipate risks
- The team works on a Big Data environment, with access to an ecosystem of Hadoop tools including Spark and Hive. Dataiku DSS (Data Science Studio) is used as an end-user interface, providing a visual approach to the implementation of ETL (Extract Transform Load) pipelines. Data visualization is also a part of the team’s responsibilities, with Tableau as the main tool
- The team works in partnership with the IT department of the Group regarding the stress-testing platform. They support the team on a daily-basis and help with back-end big data engineering support and maintenance
- In this role, you will join the team dedicated to credit risk. Your primary responsibility will be to handle big data, perform in-depth data analysis, present data to see beyond the numbers and prepare the databases used for the projection of credit risk parameters for stress testing and IFRS 9
Your Main Activities Are
- Execute data collection, data ingestion, data quality, data preparation, data cleaning and data analysis
- Perform data consolidation in a strong control and analyses framework
- Develop dynamic and intelligent dashboards
- Work closely with our data providers and with our clients
- Specific contributions to regulatory and internal stress testing exercises
Profile and Skills to Success
- Strong academic background, with a Master degree
- Relevant experience in Data related roles including analysis, engineering, visualization
- Technical Skills
- Significant experience in data exploration and data preparation
- Proven record in SQL
- Experience with Python programming language is a must.
- Knowledge of Risk Management principles is a plus.
- Strong interest in data management and functional content of the data
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and multidisciplinary teams
- Be a team player
- Analytical skills
- Reliability and sense of precision
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Languages: English (both oral and written are mandatory)
About The Team
- BNP Paribas Group Finance, RISK, and ALM Treasury, have set-up a shared team in charge of the Group stress testing, the financial planning and the financial synthesis
- The team named STFS, for Stress Testing and Financial Simulations, has for objective to coordinate the strengthening of BNP Paribas’ Stress-Testing and planning capabilities so as to better serve Business Lines, and Group needs and meet supervisory requirement on these matters
- By joining STFS team, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team with an international reach
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.