Data Analytics Manager
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to be responsible for managing data analytics that provide overall data management for the function. Oversees the development of analytical tools and solutions to support the business line.
- Manages the enhancement of the business line's data analytics strategy. This may include the development of related programs for the business line.
- Directs the research, design, development, testing, retrieval, and data reporting; utilizing the knowledge of various software packages.
- Advises on the resolution of complex analytical and data integrity problems while prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Identifies and recommends business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
- Establishes and serves as Business Line's "analytic review" function to ensure the uniformity and quality of analytical tools and reports are delivered consistently to business partners.
- May participate in various special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- M3 - 10 yrs
- Internal audit, risk management, and/or banking background desirable.
- Ability to define, extract, create queries and analyze data based on a fundamental understanding of process, control and risk in support of the department’s data analytics strategy, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Prior experience communicating and interfacing with a variety of levels throughout the organization required.
- Strong expertise utilizing advanced functions in Spreadsheet (Excel), database (Access) and data extraction (query) software (ACL or similar).
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to communicate ideas effectively and concisely to all levels of Management, internal and external auditors and outside contacts.
- Positive attitude dedicated towards achieving results for the “team;” progressive thinking skills, strong work ethic; and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision under stressful conditions and coordinate the completion of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.