Sr Lead Quantitative Analyst-VP
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Data Analytics Analyst, Personal Finance Department Product Team
· Develop and maintain effective pricing models
· Continuously improve pricing model using GLM/GzLM/GLMM
· Evaluate and update pricing model assumptions
· Perform elasticity analyses to evaluate pricing changes
· Provide recommendations for pricing optimization to reach financial targets such as volume, gross margin, risk adjusted margin and RONE
· Measure effectiveness of pricing strategies – back testing
· Operationalize pricing changes and maintain pricing procedural documentation
· Collaborate with Technology and other groups to implement rate changes for Auto, RV, Marine and other PFD products
· Keep abreast with developments in Auto (loan and lease), RV, and Marine pricing within the competitive lending community and be able to leverage best practices
· Produce and review reports as necessary to determine if pricing adjustments are necessary and conduct analyses to support rate changes and other initiatives
· Experience working with and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets
· Perform other ad hoc duties as necessary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for coordinating, developing, and managing business line reports
presented to Senior Management and Board level Committees; controlling workflow
activities and deadlines; and maintaining, organizing, and gathering
information. The Data Analytics Analyst collaborates with management and
business partners to identify key messages and objectives of the report,
coordinates with subject manager experts to develop report contents, manages
the review cycles, and supports Senior Reporting Analysts to ensure timely
submission of the Committee Reports to Committee Coordinators.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates, distributes, and manages various Senior Management and Board level reports with multiple or various function focus. Executes procedures to ensure all reports and supporting documents are completed accurately and within required timeframes.
- Plans and maintains the schedule and workflow for multiple reports and administrative tasks. Works directly with subject matter experts to produce, contribute, review, or approve the results.
- Ability to facilitate, coordinate and elicit reporting requirements from multiple stakeholders.
- Partners with subject matter experts to extract, filter, and aggregate data using logical queries and basic programming. Constructs data metrics, statistics, and analyses. Provide trend analysis through the data analysis. Conducts the layout of information/data, including use of infographics. Formats reports and presentation materials into established templates and style guides.
- Conducts maintenance of databases and spreadsheets through data entry and file uploads, and performs verifications for completeness and accuracy. Maintains data files, archives, and documents library as well as manages the version control, updates, and approvals of key documents (e.g., policies, procedures, and audit plans).
- Supports enhancements to functionality of spreadsheets and databases, including use of forms, templates, and logic functions (e.g., risk assessment tools).
- Manages projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties
Required skills, industry experience and leadership abilities:
· Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability with experience in Agile and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE)
· Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Operation Research, etc.) required
· Advanced degree Masters/ Ph.D. or CFA certification (Chartered Financial Analyst) degree in quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Operation Research, etc.) desired
· Advanced knowledge of VBA, SAS and/or SQL required
· Working knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and programming languages like Python preferred
· 5+ years’ experience in pricing and/or related such as strategic finance/risk management roles
· 2+ Experience working in the Financial Industry
· Extensive exposure to data analysis, presentation development and delivery, pricing modeling, and cost accounting
· Capability of using advanced statistical techniques and tools for data mining in the risk and collections domain
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Good management and control of work flows to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
- Fair knowledge of project management and Microsoft Office tools.
- Understanding of style guides and editorial process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Basic understanding of financial industry, risk management, and/or corporate security.
- Ability to problem solve and swiftly escalate issues to senior staff when needed.
- Keen eye for design and understanding of layout flows and infographics.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing security environment and prioritize deliverables.
- Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
- Strong leadership, and keen focus on details skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations. #LI-CS1