At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for compiling, analyzing, and managing data for the California Consumer Privacy Act program. Provides analytics and reporting to support and identify insights that influence our workplace strategies, as well as perform back-end data driven analysis to guide decision-making across various cross-functional and cross-organizational initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Advises in the implementation of business line's data analytics strategy. This may include recommending and developing of related programs for the business line.
- Advises on the resolution of complex analytical and data integrity problems while prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Identifies business, technology, and process improvement opportunities. This may include making recommendations to business line leaders.
- Serves as Business Line's "analytic review" function to ensure the uniformity and quality of analytical tools and reports are delivered consistently to business partners.
- Provides user acceptance testing for pre-production releases and code changes.
Other Job Duties
- May participate in various special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Preferred 5 years; 2-3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Good management and control of work flows to produce deliverables within required timeframes and quality standards.
- Fair knowledge of project management and Microsoft Office tools.
- Understanding of style guides and editorial process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good inter-personal and partnering skills to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Basic understanding of financial industry, risk management, and/or corporate security.
- Ability to problem solve and swiftly escalate issues to senior staff when needed.
- Keen eye for design and understanding of layout flows and infographics.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing security environment and prioritize deliverables.
- Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
- Strong leadership, and keen focus on details skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.