Data Analytics Analyst
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Data Analytics Analyst
Job Description Summary
The Data Analytics Analyst provides support and enhancement of one of the most widely used self-service reporting/analytical platforms within the Bank today that houses multichannel, cross-functional and multi-Line of Business KPIs and key sales and operational metrics. The data analyst will provide and insight through collaboration with others and deep dives into our Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and external vendor data. This requires significant tactical knowledge (e.g. SQL coding and data analysis) while maintaining a macro data environment view (specifically how systems, analysts, and report creators are affected).
The Data Analytics Analyst collaborates with management and business partners to identify key messages and objectives of the report, coordinates with subject manager experts to develop report contents, functional business requirements documentation, manages the review cycles, and supports Senior Reporting Analysts to ensure timely submission of the Committee Reports to Committee Coordinators.
Essential Job Functions
As the person that everyone goes to
when they have a data or reporting need, the analyst needs to -
.1. 1. Creates, distributes, and manages various Senior Management
and Board level reports with mulitple or various function focus. Executes
procedures to ensure all reports and supporting documents are completed
accurately and within required timeframes.
2. Plans and maintains the schedule and workflow for multiple reports and administrative tasks. Works directly with subject matter experts to produce, contribute, review, or approve the results.
3. Ability to facilitate, coordinate and elicit reporting requirements from multiple stakeholders. Perform source system data mining and analysis in support of Business requirements analysis and documentation, user acceptance testing in support of new code implementation, changes/enhancement.
4. Partners with subject matter experts to extract, filter, and aggregate data using logical queries and basic programming. Constructs data metrics, statistics, and analyses. Provide trend analysis through the data analysis. Conducts the layout of information/data,including use of infographics. Formats reports and presentation materials into established templates and style guides.
5. Quickly comprehends a full understanding of our data ecosystem from source/process/data store to data modeling to tools that interact with data (SQL/BI tools) to accurate consolidation of data. Understand structured vs. non-structured data. Translates the comprehension to visually story telling with facts in an effort to bring about change.
6. Conducts maintenance of databases and spreadsheets through data entry and file uploads, and performs verifications for completeness and accuracy. Maintains data files, archives, and documents library as well as manages the version control, updates, and approvals of key documents (e.g., policies, procedures, and audit plans).
7. Manages projects and/or small teams to support new initiatives or other automation efforts.
8. Lead user training and demos of the automation efforts.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Decision Sciences, IS, IT, Engineering, Computer Science or any other similar field plus experience.
Several years working with:
· Business Requirements Functional documentation
· SQL to build database structure and/or to pull data for analysis and storytelling.
· Various flavors of RDBMS - Predominately Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server.
· Experience with Data Warehouse concepts and methodologies
· BI & Analytics tools – OBIEE, Visual Analyzer, Micro Strategy, Sql Server Reporting Services, SAS Tableau, Domo, QlikView, Thoughtspot etc.
A big plus – experience working:
· Working knowledge of Big Data concept and current industry standards in data mining, visualization and predictive analytics
· Hands-on knowledge of Hadoop/R and others
· In a business group (Strategy, Finance, Operations, Marketing) as a data/technical expert.
· On Deposits, loans, lines and credit cards production and management
· On Digital channel adoption and cross-sell
· On Risk and Compliance projects
Field of Experience
· Banking, Financial Services, Marketing & Strategy
· Data Management, Decision Support and Predictive Analytics
· Customer, Financial, Marketing Analysis
· Business Intelligence Development
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.