Data Analyst - Risk Global Markets
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
RISK Global Markets is responsible for providing full transparency and dynamic analysis of the market, counterparty, valuation and liquidity risks managed by CIB Global Markets.
The team is based in Lisbon and London, with three existing members in London and two in Lisbon. Previous projects have covered an extremely broad range of subjects and processes including: valuation adjustments; Independent Price Validation (IPV); market risk dashboards; counterparty risk management; collateral management; limit monitoring/calibration.
The role requires close coordination and collaboration with other RISK Global Market teams both globally and locally. There will be regular interaction with the market and counterparty risk teams, and with Global Markets teams outside of RISK.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyse and re-engineer process methodologies and implementations in order to improve harmonization, gain efficiency and reduce operational risk.
- Drive harmonization, best practices and adoption of up-to-date technologies across RISK GM
- Act as a centre of expertise within RISK GM for coding and technology topics.
- Provide tools and knowledge to the RISK GM coding community.
- Follow developments in technology outside of RISK GM.
- Manage and coordinate prioritisation of projects with management.
- Graduate in relevant subject (e.g. Computer/Data Science, Mathematics, Finance, Sciences)
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Excellent problem solving skills and initiative.
- Relevant expertise in computing/data science techniques and technologies.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Candidate must be very comfortable in at least either Python or R.
- Experience in other relevant technologies, programming languages, packages a positive (e.g. Java, Go, Flask, Shiny).
- Experience in data visualization also a positive.
- Fluent English
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.