Data Administration Senior Technical Oversight Specialist
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932 employees.
We are looking for a Data Administration Senior Technical Oversight Specialist to join us in our Glasgow office. The focus of this role is to support the Head of UK Operational Oversight in ensuring the Data Administration Service provided from the outsource locations meet the FCA regulations and standards required for UK clients.
The holder of this role is responsible for ensuring day to day management and control of the oversight elements of the UK Operations business and for implementation of the Investment and Fund Services Operations (IFSO) strategy in the UK
The holder of this role may also represent the UK client base on a global forum in relations to Change and Projects ensuring an in depth knowledge of systems, products and processes whilst maintaining internal and external client relationships.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- The Primary responsibility is to own the end to end service delivery for the Data Administration service provided by Chennai, Paris & Warsaw on behalf of UK Clients, including all elements of oversight
- Senior Client facing role for UK Clients
- Overseeing the monitoring of daily NAV approval process and price sign off points
- Management of issues/near misses within primary and secondary controls
- Using the Uplifting Service framework to drive improvement or change with the International Operations Centre (IOC) locations
- Support Service Delivery teams with required escalation at IOC level
- To ensure a high quality client service is delivered and reinforce IFSO relationships with key clients
- To contribute, review and monitor client Service Level Agreements, ensuring adherence from an operational perspective
- To support maintenance of Pricing Policy and Global Valuation process
- To identify and ensure we have a robust internal Oversight control framework to mitigate operational risk & escalate accordingly if issues identified.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder partnerships with non-operational areas e.g. IT, Product, Client.
- Participate and ensure appropriate business contingency plans (BCP & ERS) are in place for Operations service delivery & offshore teams within our Oversight remit
- Oversight of incident management
- Management of vendor invoicing process
- Ownership of value add quality checks where appropriate
Skills and Experience required
- Significant Market Data experience including Pricing, Asset Creation or Data Quality
- This is a Client facing role and the candidate needs to have proven and extensive experience working with Asset Manager clients to senior levels
- Proven records in building and maintaining a strong professional relationship
- Experience of overseeing services provided by offshore locations
- Industry and product knowledge of the Securities Services industry
- Strong Risk awareness and management experience
- Development and adherence to a Governance framework
- Excellent decision making and communication skills
- Client Focus
- Ability to work at a detailed level when required
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders to senior level
- Ownership and Leading by Example
- Inspiring Others
- Influencing others
- Risk Aware-entrepreneurship
- Respect for differing cultures
Competitive Salary and benefits
Closing date 22 November 2019