Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local
expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+
markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional
investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to
navigate change in a fast-moving world.
of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in
assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545
funds administered and 11,932 employees.
Department purpose / objectives
and Fund Services Operations (IFSO) is one of the 4 business lines of BNP
Paribas Securities Services, dedicated to provide fund administration, transfer
agency, middle office outsourcing, investment reporting and performance,
trustee and depositary and hedge fund services on a worldwide basis.
IFSO, Securities Services holds more than US$ 1,800 Billion in assets under
administration and supports more than 8,000 funds across the globe.
in the UK have operational service delivery across three local offices in
London, Glasgow and Dundee, covering Fund Accounting, Middle Office Outsourcing
& Tax Services, comprising of approximately 300 staff.
Data Administration function is responsible for our reference data (Asset Creation
& Maintenance) and is also responsible for collecting, integrating and
providing prices on a daily basis to internal and external BNP Clients.
Purpose of the
To support the Head of UK Operational Oversight in ensuring the Data
Administration Service provided from the outsource locations meet the FCA
regulations and standards required for UK clients.
The holder of this role is responsible for ensuring day to day management
and control of the oversight elements of the UK Operations business and for
implementation of the IFSO Operations strategy in the UK
The holder of this
role may also represent the UK client base on a global forum in relations to
Change and Projects ensuring an in depth knowledge of systems, products and processes
whilst maintaining internal and external client relationships.
Key Responsibilities of
Operations, Client Service Delivery and controls
- The Primary responsibility is to oversee the Data Administration service provided by Chennai, Paris & Warsaw on behalf of UK Clients, including all elements of oversight
- Key Client facing role for UK Clients
- Monitoring of daily NAV approval process and price sign off points
- Management of issues/near misses within primary and secondary controls
- Using the Uplifting Service framework to drive improvement or change with the IOC locations
- Support Service Delivery teams with required escalation at IOC level
- To ensure a high quality client service is delivered and reinforce IFSO relationships with key clients
- To contribute, review and monitor client Service Level Agreements, ensuring adherence from an operational perspective
- To support maintenance of Pricing Policy and Global Valuation process
- To identify and ensure we have a robust internal Oversight control framework to mitigate operational risk & escalate accordingly if issues identified.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder partnerships with non-operational areas e.g. IT, Product, Client.
- Participate and ensure appropriate business contingency plans (BCP & ERS) are in place for Operations service delivery & offshore teams within our Oversight remit
- Oversight of incident management
- Management of vendor invoicing process
and Experience required
Experience required for the role
- Significant Market Data experience including Pricing, Asset Creation or Data Quality
- This is a Client facing role and the candidate will need to have extensive experience working with clients to senior levels
- Ability to build and maintain a strong professional relationship
- Experience of overseeing services provided by offshore locations
- Industry and product knowledge of the Securities Services industry
- Strong Risk awareness and management experience
- Development and adherence to a Governance framework
- Excellent decision making and communication skills
Competencies required for the role
- Client Focus
- Ability to work at a detailed level when required
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders to senior level
- Ownership and Leading by Example
- Inspiring Others
- Influencing others
- Risk Aware-entrepreneurship
- Respect for differing cultures
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
note that we are unable to progress applications at this time from candidates
who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General Visa. The role does not meet the
required skill level for us to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship under Tier 2