At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Bank of the West seeks a Cybersecurity Manager to manage and support the Bank's Cybersecurity Program (Program), focusing on managing a team of security professionals providing business-centric operational services including: desktop application security reviews, elevated access request reviews and application monitoring. The manager will maintain oversight to ensure appropriate control design and operational effectiveness through established procedures, communication with stakeholders, clear and consistent reporting, continuous improvement, etc.
In addition, the Cybersecurity Manager is responsible for the development, planning, implementation, and/or oversight of the Program with the scope of responsibilities. A successful candidate will be able to liaise with leaders and management across the Bank to communicate Program status, initiatives, and risks as it relates to business value and the Bank's organizational goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Partners with leaders and management as needed to gain insight into program design.
- Provides leadership and direction to project teams and/or project managers.
- Assists Cybersecurity Managers, Cybersecurity Directors, and the Division Manager with issues, policies and procedures, white papers, program reports, etc. When required, works jointly with other Division Managers on selected specific projects.
- Design policies, processes, practices, guidelines, standards, and baselines that are mapped directly to business risks to measure for effectiveness and adherence.
- Work with Security, Information Technology, business units, key stakeholders and leadership to identify and plan cybersecurity plan to meet or exceed corporate initiatives.
- Ensure the Program budget is in alignment with core business objectives and key initiatives.
Other Job Duties
- Align with the enterprise risk management strategy to communicate risk.
- Communicate the risk of vulnerabilities in terms of the organization’s environment.
- Ensure the Bank’s compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate relevant risk activities (e.g., Audit, Regulatory, risk assessment, control testing, monitoring, vulnerability management, risk reporting) and remediation of identified gaps and issues.
- Develop and/or report on metrics to measure success of the Program.
- Work with internal security awareness staff and Corporate Communications to identify security new and continued training and awareness needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of five years in a Cybersecurity related field 1-2 years of leadership or management experience in a technical security role
- Knowledge of financial services environment as it applies to Cybersecurity
- Working knowledge of operating systems, incident response management, security compliance strategies, risk assessment principles, and policies and standards
- Project Management skills
- Strong attention to detail
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$150,000 - $160,000.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.