At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
FOR GRC & SECURITY THIRD: Responsible for performing analysis of the third party providers through desktop reviews and inspections of policies, audit reports, and evidence of security and business resiliency controls to validate operational effectiveness and identify gaps. Responsible for completing assigned tasks within the given deadline and maintaining, organizing, and gathering information. Collaborates with colleagues and business partners to identify risks within the Third Party Providers to enhance the security controls and protect Bank sensitive data.
FOR OTHER: Responsible for managing small to moderate size Security initiatives. Scope of initiatives may include optimizing process, conducting security risk assessments, researching and implementing security awareness and training requirements, supporting the management of compliance and regulatory efforts, and/or coordination of emerging solutions. Supporting the development of project plans and aggregate and document business requirements to support cybersecurity objectives.
- Assists with creating and maintaining project plans and /or business requirements that impact Corporate Security’s objectives
- Documents work effort dependencies, assumptions, risks and issues. Communicate results to the appropriate lead and/ stakeholder.
- Conducts risk assessments to identify risks to security and business resiliency controls. Documents overall effectiveness of operational controls within the Bank and/or Third Party Providers.
- Conducts desk reviews and inspection of security assessments for the Bank and/or Third Party Providers.
- Reviews internal and external security and technical test reports (audit, vulnerability and penetration test results, business resiliency Plans, etc.) to validate the effectiveness of operational controls
- Coordinates, develops, supports the management, and maintenances of reports to Senior Management.
- Assist with the management of risk assessments and/or security initiatives from communication, approval and report distribution to stakeholders, senior analyst and management.
- May assist in the development of business unit analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communication and/or strategic planning activities.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Computer Science, Information Assurance, Management Information Systems or related field
- 3 - 5 yrs Risk Management, Business Analytics, Information Security, IT Audit, Physical Security, Business Resiliency, or related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Good written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, technical policies, and methodology documentation.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills; ability to facilitate discussions around issues and bring them to resolution
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
- Good understanding of industry practices and metric reporting fundamentals.
- Ability to optimize and condense information and transform data into easily understandable concepts.
- Basic technical skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project
- General knowledge in various cybersecurity areas such as: Identity and Access Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Information Risk and Governance, IT Architecture, Monitoring, Incident Response and Security Strategy, Physical Security and/or Business Resiliency.
- General knowledge of security controls for the handling of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data, regulations and security compliance requirements affecting financial institutions (FFIEC/GLBA)
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Security