At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Work Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Francisco, CA, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the maintenance and support of security solutions within the IT Security department. Supports the business, security, and technical staff by assisting with the deployment of security controls and processes. Escalates security incidents in order for appropriate action to be taken. Delivers timely and high quality work; escalates and assists in enhancement opportunities to meet Bank requirements, as well as industry standards and guidance.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with the creation and/or review of processes.
- Communicates and coordinates with technology and business functional groups to specify hardware, software and network connectivity for production and test environments.
- Ensures systems specifications, security controls and appropriate logging and monitoring align with business needs.
- Assists with support of existing systems and/or business requests.
- Provide reports as assigned on key trends, performance and risk indicators affecting the department’s processes, tools, and responsibilities for management and key stakeholders.
- Provides support on assigned tools and processes.
- Provides support as an information security subject matter expert to department or business units for business applications or system processes.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or related preferred
- Prefer Information Security certification, which could include the following:
CISSP - Certified Information Technology Security Professional
CCSP - Certified Cisco Security professional
GIAC - Global Information Assurance Certification
CISM Certified Information Security Manager
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Prior Data Loss Prevention / tool management experience preferred.
- Ability to manage processes and toolsets with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of Information Security Tool deployment and operations.
- Ability to work with little guidance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
- Manage the tool lifecycle by maintaining and supporting security tools.
- Escalates and reports security incidents to partners in order for appropriate action to be taken.
- Reviews, monitors, recommends and reports enhancement opportunities to meet bank and industry policies, standards, and guidance.
Annual Hiring Range:
$78,000 - $105,000
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
- In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for Annual incentives.
The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.