At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Coordinates and manages the diverse operating activities of the Equipment Finance Division's ("EFD") Customer Service Department. Strives to ensure professional, friendly, and efficient service to our customers within six or more distinct portfolios. Responds to internal questions and requests from internal bank departments. Maintains and creates unique products and procedures for growing portfolios.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Performs buyout calculations on multiple portfolios which have their own unique requirements. Identifies if and why a loss is occurring and how to resolve the loss if possible.
- Manages End of Term activities on multiple portfolios, approving all disposals before submission to accounting, terminating UCC’s when required, issuance of Bill of Sales, or release of Titles.
- Manages insurance tracking on multiple portfolios with differing requirements, including follow-up on expired and or cancelled certificates, processing of claims, which includes interfacing with insurance companies and their agents.
- Manages UCC tracking for multiple portfolios. Tracking includes continuations, terminations, and amendments.
- Manages Title paperwork, when to release and how to release.
- Responds to questions involving property taxes and sales tax on multiple portfolios.
- Manages or conducts on-the-job training and cross-training for employees to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies in performance of job duties and for compliance with the bank’s policy. Assures that the staff is provided with adequate product knowledge of all Bank services and procedures. This allows the staff to address most customer questions.
- Monitors daily work assignments and adjusts staffing as needed to meet deadlines.
- Implements operating procedures and ensures that procedures are updated and followed in accordance with bank policy, portfolio requirements, and internal requirements.
- Reviews and approves non-monetary, monetary contract changes, misapplied payments, dispositions, and refunds.
- Ensures that the staff provides courteous responses to customers, helping to answer their questions or concerns quickly and accurately.
- Resolves personnel problems regarding work performance or interpersonal relations at work.
- Enforces dual and single custody procedures to avoid loss exposure.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business or Finance and/or equivalent work experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience supervising/managing a customer service team
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and processes of customer service operations.
- Working knowledge of lease documents, familiarity with UCC filings, understanding of assignments, and other general business law topics.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- Ability to address any difficult customer in a professional manner, help resolve most issues, and address any complaints.
- Ability to share all knowledge and or experience when new programs are introduced into the bank.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Compose letters/memorandum.
- Coordinates meetings.
- Bilingual skills a plus, but not required.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking