Customer Operations Manager
The Crown Estate is a specialist real estate operator with a prestigious portfolio across Central London. 6 Babmaes Street is the latest product in the new flexible working concept in the heart of the West End. The space will offer new existing customers a unique flexible workplace, with a focus on wellbeing, in a location currently underserved for customer-centric business solutions. This exciting project is just the first of a series of new flexible business products and amenity spaces The Crown Estate will create for our customers over the next few years
BNP Paribas Real Estate, a specialised division
of the financial services group BNP Paribas, offers its clients a comprehensive
range of commercial and residential real estate services, thanks to its 6 lines
of business: Property development, Transaction, Consulting, Valuation, Property
Management, and Investment Management.
Overall Engagement Objective
To support The Crown Estate to deliver high levels of customer and partner satisfaction, loyalty and recommendation and support the development of a St James’s community.
We are seeking a Customer Operations Manager to provide overall management of this new property, 6 Babmaes Street. Building strong relationships with Customers, ensuring customer service excellence and creating a dynamic working environment that will retain existing Customers and build a strong team
- Customer service and membership – Instil and maintain the highest level of customer service within the team by taking full accountability for the service offer and building a membership model for both existing and new customers
- Financials – Budget and cost control responsibilities
- People - Responsible for the line management of Customer Operations Coordinators
- Building – Creating a warm and welcoming environment for all Customers ensuring that the building is maintained to the highest standards
- Manage the memberships for the property and establish strong customer relationships.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the building whilst adhering to the strictest standards of maintenance, cleanliness and overall operational excellence.
- Responsible for driving additional sales by exhausting all business opportunities for meeting rooms and Events
- Conduct Building tours for prospect customers
- Network with customers to build strong relationships and generate referrals
- Manage the day to day needs of existing customers ensuring delivery of exceptional customer service
- Manage the team to deliver the highest levels of customer service by delivering in the moment feedback and development opportunities
- Increase the revenue opportunities through strong product sales
- Responsible for the customer invoicing process
- Responsible for the debt management and working alongside the Finance and Asset Management Teams to recover all outstanding monies from customers in a timely manner
- Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities relating to occupancy, service expectations, customer feedback and debt with effective and efficient use of the Connected Customer Platform
- Manage any customer complaints or queries ensuring a satisfactory resolution, record and offer preventative solutions to future issues.
- Work with the relevant IT and systems (for example CRM, membership software etc.) to ensure it is being utilised to its highest potential.
- Ensure the property complies with all aspects of current Health, Safety & Security regulations, Money Laundering regulations and GDPR
- Ensure compliance with company standards on visual inspections, customer service, renewal performance, service revenue performance, debt management and business administration
- Manage the suppliers to the property and tender/renew contracts where necessary
- To promote The Crown Estate through business networking, generating business referrals.
Outgoing, enthusiastic, honest and confident individual who possess the following attributes;
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Passionate about customer service constantly striving to improve performance
- Ability to up sell and cross sell where possible
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Demonstrates customer led thinking in creating a dynamic working environment
- Excellent leader with experience in coaching and mentoring
- Confidence to interact with a range of Customers and colleagues up to board level
- Creative approach to problem solving, often thinking outside the box
- Proactive approach to the working environment with flexibility to adapt to changing demands
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Extremely well organised
- Fully competent in the use of MS Office with experience of CRM and billing software packages
- Management of supplier relationships
- Good health and safety and environmental knowledge
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Capable of effective prioritisation, ability to work to deadlines and willingness to multitask when necessary
- Good networking skills and the ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of and willingness to embrace digital, social and innovative technologies
- Successful management of direct reports, consultants and suppliers
- Proactive: Ability to anticipate Customer requirements
- Initiative: Takes action, initiates customer service
- Energy: Maintains high productivity/activity level
- Customer Service Orientation: Takes steps to insure customer satisfaction, responds to inquiries in a timely manner. Able to handle difficult situations
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Supports team goals, cooperates and demonstrates positive attitude toward others
- Team Management: Demonstrates ability to manage a team.
- Planning/Organizing: Sets priorities, Establishes objectives/milestones, schedules activities effectively.
- Formal Presentation/Communication: Thinks on their feet, professionally presented
- Work Standards: Sets high performance standards for self and the organisation, performance demonstrates value for quality, completes and submits timely and accurate reports
- Motivation: Has a positive upbeat attitude toward work, a reliable, professional manner. Flexible and calm under pressure