In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The candidate will work within WMIS Customer Experience Division as a technical specialist in building Digital Solutions
As a technical leader you will :
•be part of a squad practicing Scrum for product development
•work in architecture, backend and front end aspects of the project
•contribute / review the technical specifications and ensure proper traceability between user requirements & code
•bring craftsmanship mindset to the team in delivering software with the highest standard of quality
•ensure efficient performance and scalability of all designs and implementations
•be responsible for managing & reporting technical risks on the projects
•contribute to define and improve software engineering practices (norms & standards, frameworks, source control, unit tests, technical reviews, code reviews)
•Synchronize with teams across Asia & Europe - Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure and other business and technology teams.
Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or computer engineering
• 5 years of web development experience in
Java EE & Spring application (including Web Services, REST, JPA, SOA, Design patterns).
Frontend development using Angular, SPA framework
• Strong programming skills in Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST API
• Has a very good knowledge about design patterns and development principles
• Practical knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) for business modeling (work flows) and object modelling
• Proven/previous experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, DevOps: Knowledge and experience with CI/CD tools & processes
• Understanding of code quality, what are the relevant metrics/indicators/smells and strategies to improve the quality over time
• Ability to work in quick paced, dynamic environment adopting scrum methodology
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written documents and oral presentations, explaining concepts clearly to audiences at various levels of technical knowledge.
• Good understanding of good practices to make application portable across environments and ready for production
• Exposure to the following domains is a plus: Domain Driven Design, Behavior Driven Development, Acceptance Testing
• French language proficiency is a big plus as main infrastructure teams and product owners are native French speakers located in Europe
• General banking knowledge or Banking knowledge related to Wealth Management
• Speaking at conferences and/or user groups or contributing to open source projects
Primary Location: SG-06-SingaporeJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 3 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Communication skills - oral & written, Ability to deliver / Results driven, Personal Impact / Ability to influenceTransversal competency: Analytical Ability, Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution, Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…, Ability to develop others & improve their skills, Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment