At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting the Bank's Corporate Social Responsibility strategy and ensuring related policies are implemented uniformly across all applicable business units and aligned to the overall BNP Paribas Group strategy. Primary liaison to work with the Business Lines and IRB and Group CSR to ensure diffusion, awareness and compliance of CSR policies, procedures and Exclusion & Monitoring lists.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Works with CSR officer to support the company‐wide rollout and operationalization of the Bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) sector policies.
- Advises and guides Business Units on CSR policy and compliance process requirements to ensure compliance with new or existing CSR Policies and best practices.
- Reviews transactions subject to CSR Sector Policies to ensure that they are implemented properly within the entity and issuing an opinion during transaction reviews where necessary.
- Supports CSR Officer in escalations to IRB/Group CSR and participate in Customer Authorization Committee meetings as necessary.
- Supports CSR internal communication and training initiatives.
- Participates in initiatives to automate and integrate CSR into existing Bank processes and systems.
- Participates in CSR related audits and control activities
- Designs and maintains CSR SharePoint and CSR Sector Policy mailbox.
- Prepares reporting of various CSR metrics and activities related to CSR Sector Policies.
- Prepares and keep up-to-date any procedures, necessary documentation and reports.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for CSR.
- Ability to operationalize CSR Sector Policy requirements within the Bank.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills and problem solver.
- Ability to influence and lead while also being a strong collaborator.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to cross-entity projects.
- Compliance or Legal experience.
- Change management.
- Desire to learn and ability to rapidly assimilate new subjects.
- Awareness of CSR issues in the banking sector.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Administrative / Clerical