About the job
- The position of Crisis Management Risk Officer is part of the Operational Resilience & Crisis Management team and will be responsible for assisting with the management and execution of the bank’s crisis management function within the Second Line of Defence
- The candidate reports directly to the Global Iberian Centre of Excellence and functionally to Global Head of Crisis Management Risk
Your Main Activities Are
- Operational resilience management : includes planning, integrating, testing and governing activities to ensure that the group can identify and mitigate business and system disruption risks that could lead to before they occur
- Regularly and proactively assess global events or potential incidents which may require the engagement of the bank’s crisis management program, as well ensure the company adheres to any crisis management legislation. Scenarios could include but not limited to Cyber Security Incidents, Technology/Systems Outage, People or Process Failures
- Responsible for assisting with the management and execution of the bank’s crisis management function and in particular focus on exercising and testing of crisis management capabilities worldwide
- Assist in setting a group wide Crisis Management framework covering Technology Incidents, Cyber Crises as well as other traditional physical crisis scenarios (including: policy, standards, aide memoires, SOPs, playbooks, escalation protocols etc.)
- Build and establish networks and relations with other key internal stakeholders (i.e. Global Security Operations, HR, Facilities, Legal, and Internal Communications)
- Own, track and report on crisis management metrics, issue and change management actions, and post incident documentation including process improvement initiatives
- Support the development and implementation process for validating effectiveness of the crisis management program
Profile and Skills to Success
- Minimum 4 of years of experience in crisis management exercises or related field, preferably in the areas of Cyber and Technology domains in a financial institution
- Professional qualifications relevant to Crisis Management, Information Security and Business Continuity such as a university degree and/or CISSP, MBCI, CBCP, CISM or CRISC
- Proficiency in crisis management best practices and standards
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (orally and writing), including ability to articulate complex issues and incorporate feedback.
- Good listening and analytical skills
- Being rigorous and thorough
- Ability to manage workload as to meet the realistic targets, focus on solution and priorities set
- Is self-aware, anticipates problems, adapts and meets them head on
- Strong stakeholder management, relationship building, influencing, facilitating and presenting skills
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.