At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Able to substitute for any Level II position within CRES Organization (Operations, Underwriting, Sales, and Secondary) for all product offerings (HE and Mtg) on an as needed basis. Possesses thorough knowledge of functions within the division at the appropriate level. May participate in department/business unit projects. Performs a variety of duties related to loan origination functions while providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers and needs for legally enforceable contractual agreements are met, while satisfying all internal and external regulatory requirements. Communicates with all management moderately complex information and analysis to support projects and/or overall management of the business unit.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Performs various functions on an assigned basis for special assignments or as relief basis for open positions, absence of regular staff, increase of workload and vacations.
- Works with the supervisors and managers to handle the more difficult and complex work assignments when needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standards, procedures, and technical operations in all areas (Operations, Underwriting, Sales, and Secondary) of the CRES business unit. Examines various data sources and applies consistent approaches to data interpretation and performance measurement results. Reviews problems requiring research and ensures resolution is done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Displays the ability to properly plan workday, including efficiency techniques and prioritizations, ensuring predefined timelines for turnaround are met.
- Assists management in identifying and implementing improvements.
- May liaise with the business development team and technology on certain projects.
- May participate in department and/or business unit projects such as workflow or software testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 5 years minimum 1st Mortgage or Home Equity experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Strong knowledge of product line assigned including operational aspects. Complete understanding of product structures, systems and processes.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Develop office procedures
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Use personal computer
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Fraud/Loss Prevention
- Knowledge of fraud prevention techniques
- Knowledge of IRIS platform
- Strong research and analytic skills
- High attention to detail in reviewing data and in writing reports
- Ability to build and strengthen partnerships with other people
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and Power Point skills; facility with workflow and dashboard tools
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High energy and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible problem-solver, open minded to receiving input from others
- Ability to write concisely and accurately
- Desire to work in a continuous improvement environment
- Knowledge of technology processes and products a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Mortgage